Abhishek Bachchan said wife Aishwarya, mom Jaya gang up against him: 5 times Jaya was ‘mother-in-love’ to Aishwarya
Television serials will have you believe that mothers-in-law are constantly at loggerheads with their daughters-in-law, but Jaya Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan prove this notion wrong. The two are extremely close and never miss an opportunity to shower love on each other.
As Jaya turns 72, here is a look at five times she set some serious goals for every mother-in-law.
1. When Abhishek Bachchan revealed that Jaya gangs up with Aishwarya against him
Like every married couple, Abhishek and Aishwarya are not always on the same page. In an interview with DNA in 2015, when Abhishek was asked who Jaya sides with when he fights with Aishwarya, he revealed that the two women gang up against him.
“Ma and Ash gang up against me and they keep rattling on in Bengali. (Laughs) Mom knows the language because she is Bengali and Aishwarya had worked with Rituda (the late Rituparno Ghosh) in Chokher Bali, so she also can speak the language quite well. So whenever they have to team up against me, they start talking in Bengali,” he said.
2. When Jaya gave Aishwarya a priceless gift
It is the little things in life that matter the most. Jaya has gifted Aishwarya a priceless piece of jewellery - her loha (iron bangle). In an interview with The Times of India in 2013, Aishwarya revealed the three pieces of jewellery that she holds closest to her heart.
She said, “I enjoy jewellery a lot. But the most treasured are the very simple pieces, which include my wedding ring, a Manglorean style bangle and my mother-in-law’s loha, which I cherish.”
3. When Jaya and Aishwarya shared the same saree
Jaya was first seen wearing a gorgeous pink saree at an awards function in 2010, that Aishwarya wore the following year. In 2014, Jaya donned the same saree, again at an awards show. Fans found it heartwarming to see the two ladies sharing the heirloom worthy saree and carrying it off with so much grace and elan.
4. When Jaya could not stop praising Aishwarya
Jaya absolutely dotes on her son Abhishek, and was over the moon when he found the love of his life in Aishwarya. On an episode of Koffee With Karan in 2007, Jaya was all praise for Aishwarya and said that she was the perfect addition to the family.
“She is lovely, I love her. It’s wonderful because she is such a big star herself and she has fitted in so well!” Jaya said.
5. When Jaya got irked by photographers not giving Aishwarya the respect she deserved
Being the protective mother-in-law that she is, Jaya schooled the paparazzi at an event in 2013, when they tried to get Aishwarya’s attention by calling her by her first name. She was offended by their overly familiar behaviour and scolded them. “Aishwarya kya hota hai? Is she your school friend?” she questioned.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.