Jaya Bachchan on daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai: ‘She fitted in family so well’. Watch throwback interview
Days ahead of Amitabh Bachchan’s 77th birthday, a trailer for the new episode of Koffee with Karan Time Machine recaps the appearances if Big B and his family on filmmaker Karan Johar’s couch.
The new episode will take a look at some of the most memorable moments featuring Amitabh, wife Jaya Bachchan, son Abhishek Bachchan, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and daughter Shweta Bachchan-Nanda.
Also Watch | Cannes 2019: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan at red carpet in a metallic gold gown
The video begins as Karan asks Amitabh to list advantages of being Amitabh Bachchan and he says, “I am son of Harivansh Rai Bachchan.” Another snippet showed Amitabh saying that interesting work offered by Karan and other filmmakers keeps him going.
Jaya also talks about Aishwarya and at the mention of the young actor, Jaya quips, “She is lovely, I love her.”
“She is such a big star herself and she has fitted in so well! Jaya added about her daughter-in-law. Talking about Aishwarya, Shweta says, “Whenever there is a new person in a family, roles do shuffle”.
The Jazbaa star discusses her life after wedding and more. The show will be aired on Star World India Monday night.
On the work front, Amitabh has a number of films ready for release -- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt-starrer Brahmastra, Emraan Hashmi’s Chehre and Shoojit Sircar’s film with Ayushmann Khurrana. Aishwarya is working on Mani Ratnam’s next while
Abhishek has recently announced his next project, The Big Bull.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans of Netflix's The Crown took to Twitter following the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey. Here's how they reacted.
- Simi Garewal on Monday said that she doesn't believe what Meghan Markle said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, and called the Duchess of Sussex 'evil' for playing the victim and race cards.
- Bigg Boss 14's Jasmin Bhasin issue a clarification on Twitter after Rubina Dilaik's fans attacked her. Fans associated her tweet on Sunday about manipulative people with the Bigg Boss 14 winner.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.