Mount opened the scoring in the eighth minute and then winger Callum Hudson-Odoi earned his own reward 11 minutes later when he collected a fine pass from Mateo Kovacic and provided a cool finish.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 11:27 PM IST
The Brazil forward, who missed PSG's 3-2 Champions League home win over RB Leipzig on Tuesday, did not feature in Saturday's medical bulletin and is expected to be in the squad.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 07:52 PM IST
Reuters | , Paris
Chelsea have 22 points, ahead of Liverpool, who play Manchester United on Sunday and have 18 points.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 07:46 PM IST
Reuters | , London
- Infantino described the stadium as a "work of art" and further mentioned that he can't wait further to witness the first FIFA World Cup.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 05:12 PM IST
- Thomas Partey, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Emile Smith Rowe were on target in Arsenal's comprehensive win over Aston Villa.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 08:35 AM IST
- FIFA president Gianni Infantino promised Wednesday to seek a global consensus during a longer period of consultation about the World Cup's future. That was seen as him acknowledging the strength of European opposition to doubling the frequency of the World Cup.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 10:05 PM IST
AP | , Geneva (ap)
- Haaland returned only last week from another muscle injury, scoring twice in a 3-1 win over Mainz before playing the whole game in Dortmund's 4-0 loss to Ajax in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 05:27 PM IST
AP | , Dortmund
- Benzema hasn't been attending the trial that opened Wednesday in Versailles and is scheduled to wrap up Friday. He is charged with complicity in the alleged attempt in 2015 to blackmail France teammate Mathieu Valbuena over a sex tape thought to have been stolen from his mobile phone.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 04:21 PM IST
- Five men were arrested after the incident that left the 63-year-old City fan, who is Belgian, hospitalized after being attacked in a parking lot at a service station late Tuesday after City’s 5-1 win.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 03:45 PM IST
AP | , Brugge, Belgium
- Real Madrid winger Eden Hazard has barely played for the club since joining them in 2019 and with pressure mounting at a high rate, former club defender Fernando Sanz explains why he could leave Los Blancos by the end of the season.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 08:50 AM IST
By Shivansh Gupta
India has also moved one spot ahead to the 106th position after the Sunil Chhetri-led side won the SAFF Championship. The Blue Tigers had defeated Nepal in the summit clash.
Published on Oct 21, 2021 06:02 PM IST
- Former Barcelona winger Luis Garcia, while talking about the upcoming El Clasico fixture against Real Madrid in an exclusive interview, said that the addition of Sergio Aguero, alongside the likes of Ansu Fati and Memphis Depay, can bolster the side's chances of rediscovering form.
Updated on Oct 21, 2021 06:42 PM IST
By Shivansh Gupta
- Piqué scored his 16th Champions League goal to secure the crucial win for Barcelona, which had opened with consecutive 3-0 losses to Bayern Munich and Benfica and was in danger of not getting past the group stage for the first time since 2000-01.
Updated on Oct 21, 2021 07:43 AM IST
After a poor first-half display, with Atalanta taking a 2-0 lead in at the break, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team turned the game -- and possibly their season -- around with a thunderous performance.
Published on Oct 21, 2021 07:05 AM IST
- The diminutive Egyptian forward’s breathtaking close control and finish has left rival defenders despairing this season, and Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp grinning ear-to-ear.
Published on Oct 20, 2021 10:51 PM IST
By Rudraneil Sengupta
- One of India's biggest-ever football stars, Bala Devi, who bagged her third AIFF Women’s Footballer of the Year Award earlier this year, urged the football fans of India to show support for their nation at the AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 and the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022.
Published on Oct 20, 2021 05:53 PM IST
Bruce had appeared to be on borrowed time after the Premier League announced earlier this month that Newcastle had been sold to a consortium led by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF).
Published on Oct 20, 2021 05:02 PM IST
- Messi, whose only other goal for PSG came in a Champions League win over Man City last month, even passed up the opportunity for a hat trick when PSG was awarded another penalty in stoppage time
Published on Oct 20, 2021 07:10 AM IST
British media had reported last month that only seven of England's 20 Premier League clubs had squads where more than 50% of players were vaccinated.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 09:27 PM IST
"As India coach, I would like that (World Cup every two years) to happen. I will support it because it might benefit India in the nearer future than expected (to be able to play in World Cup)," Stimac said during a virtual interaction after India's SAFF Championships title.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 06:04 PM IST
- The return of Patrick Vieira to Arsenal as Palace manager nearly haunted the home crowd at Emirates Stadium, with the visitors leading deep into injury time.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 10:08 AM IST
- Challenge is to balance protecting players and the game, said Judith Gates whose foundation helped stage a game without headers.
Published on Oct 18, 2021 10:56 PM IST
By Dhiman Sarkar, Kolkata
- The 29-year-old was among a number of players not involved in PSG's 2-1 Ligue 1 win over Angers on Friday due to their involvement in World Cup qualifying games.
Published on Oct 18, 2021 08:28 PM IST
- It leaves Newcastle with three points from eight games, stuck in the relegation zone and with no ability to spend on new players until the January transfer window.
Published on Oct 18, 2021 07:03 AM IST
- The 18-year-old Fati made his first start for Barcelona after a long injury layoff on Sunday, scoring a goal and earning his team a penalty as the Catalan club halted its losing streak by rallying to beat Valencia 3-1 in the Spanish league.
Published on Oct 18, 2021 07:00 AM IST
- Montpellier dominated the first half and pressure told moments after the break when English striker Stephy Mavididi scored from the irrepressible Teji Savanier's pass.
Published on Oct 17, 2021 11:48 PM IST
AP | , Paris
- Arnhem players were celebrating on the pitch in front of their fans when the lowest section of the stand collapsed. About 35 people were standing on the section that was affected.
Published on Oct 17, 2021 11:46 PM IST
AP | , Nijmegen [netherlands]
The visitors struggled to create clearcut chances at Goodison Park with Everton aiming to move into the top four with a draw on Merseyside, but Ogbonna's goal secured a vital three points for West Ham manager David Moyes against his former club.
Published on Oct 17, 2021 09:36 PM IST
Reuters | , Liverpool
A brace each from Robert Lewandowski and Serge Gnabry moved Bayern up to 19 points, one point ahead of Dortmund while Leverkusen remain third with 16
Published on Oct 17, 2021 09:28 PM IST
Reuters | , Leverkusen