By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON APR 11, 2021 05:42 PM IST
- Ramadan 2021: To ensure a safe and healthy fast, International Diabetes Federation and the Diabetes and Ramadan (DAR) International Alliance have designed a nutrition plan with 10 health pointers to guide Muslims with diabetes if they will be observing Ramadan fasting this year
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON APR 11, 2021 01:07 PM IST
- Shararat’s Jiya aka Shruti Seth serves perfect weekend fitness inspiration as she gives fans a glimpse of her rigorous workout after a three-month gap, post her laparoscopic surgery and staying 3 minutes in Yoga’s Sirshasana or headstand | Watch
UPDATED ON APR 11, 2021 12:09 PM IST
According to a new research, a new biosealant therapy and hyaluronic acid hydrogel system at least temporarily stops cartilage degeneration that commonly occurs after injury and causes pain in joints
UPDATED ON APR 11, 2021 11:16 AM IST
A recent study has found that pathways responsible for mitochondrial metabolism in adipose tissue were greatly reduced by obesity. Mitochondria are important cellular powerplants that process all of our energy intakes and changes in them can often have health-related consequences
UPDATED ON APR 11, 2021 07:56 AM IST
A new study published in the Kidney International journal revealed that patients who suffer from kidney failure and undergo dialysis can improve their heart health by cycling at moderate intensity.
PUBLISHED ON APR 10, 2021 11:58 PM IST
Happy Ramadan 2021: Though it's the time of giving and staying humble in prayer, sometimes fasting during the holy month can take a toll on one's body. From not skipping suhoor to avoiding the sun, here's how you can make the month easier for yourself.
PUBLISHED ON APR 10, 2021 06:02 PM IST
An international research team led by Monash University has uncovered a new technique that could speed up recovery from bone replacements by altering the shape and nucleus of individual stem cells.
UPDATED ON APR 10, 2021 02:15 PM IST
Older adults who received positive airway pressure therapy prescribed for obstructive sleep apnea were less likely to develop Alzheimer's disease and other kinds of dementia.
PUBLISHED ON APR 10, 2021 01:59 PM IST
Though diet and exercise are consistently recommended as ways to promote health, this study is the first to examine the long-lasting, combined effects of both factors when they are experienced early in life.
UPDATED ON APR 10, 2021 01:55 PM IST
The study also found that high-stress life events, such as a spouse's death, divorce/separation or physical or verbal abuse, as well as social strain, were each independently linked with a 12 per cent and 9 per cent higher risk of coronary heart disease, respectively.
UPDATED ON APR 10, 2021 10:03 AM IST
A new study reveals method that can improve visual working memory, verbal short-term memory and math fluency and help treat attention in children with sickle cell disease (SCD)
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 09:20 PM IST
According to a new study, cycling at moderate intensity during dialysis could drastically improve the heart health of patients with kidney failure.
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 07:01 PM IST
Obesity is linked to heavier periods and may be caused by delayed repair of the womb lining, according to a study published in the Journal of Endocrinology.
By Vir Sanghvi
UPDATED ON APR 09, 2021 05:51 PM IST
- In this week's The Taste, Vir Sanghvi writes, "Blame it on the (Indian) government’s smug foolish Covid czars who continue to wreck our Covid fightback."
By Nishtha Grover
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 03:42 PM IST
- Mandira Bedi recently posted a high-intensity fitness video on Instagram and it has inspired us to exercise on the weekend. The actor often mixes fun with exercise by having a gala time with her children on the trampoline.
UPDATED ON APR 09, 2021 03:39 PM IST
A new study has shed light on how physical therapy can help prevent and treat opioid use disorder.
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 03:08 PM IST
While the observed vaccine-associated protection of unvaccinated is encouraging, further studies are required to understand whether and how it might support the prospect of herd immunity and disease eradication.
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 11:24 AM IST
A breakthrough study by Indiana University School of Medicine sheds new light on the biological basis of mood disorders and offers a promising blood test aimed at a precision medicine approach to treatment.
By Nishtha Grover
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 10:34 AM IST
- Milind Soman recently shared that he had defeated Covid. The actor also revealed that he had not suffered from any flu like symptoms in the last 25 years therefore the mild fever and tiredness were unusual for him.
PUBLISHED ON APR 08, 2021 08:28 PM IST
- At the center of the campaign are a unique set of bra straps, fittingly named Straps That Remind – a personal reminder for every woman to examine herself for early signs of breast cancer.
PUBLISHED ON APR 08, 2021 07:38 PM IST
Around the world, hospitalizations are dropping in countries where vaccines have been rolling out including Israel, England and Scotland — regardless of which shots are given.
UPDATED ON APR 08, 2021 07:23 PM IST
It is relatively well established that other health-related behaviours, such as sleep and exercise, affect our work. But nobody had looked at the short-term effects of unhealthy eating.
PUBLISHED ON APR 08, 2021 07:06 PM IST
Losing some hearing or eyesight is often a part of getting older, but losing function in both senses may put you at greater risk of dementia and cognitive decline years later.
PUBLISHED ON APR 08, 2021 06:55 PM IST
Fatigue and respiratory problems are also more common among participants who have had Covid-19 but do not occur to the same extent.
PUBLISHED ON APR 08, 2021 04:40 PM IST
In people with peripheral artery disease, walking for exercise at an intensity that induces ischemic leg pain improves walking performance, a new study suggested.
By Nishtha Grover
PUBLISHED ON APR 08, 2021 08:30 AM IST
- Varun Dhawan recently posted a new fitness video of himself in which the actor can be seen doing some extremely difficult flow exercises with the utmost ease. Bollywood celebrities including Aparshakti Khurana, Dia Mirza and Ileana D'Cruz are amazed. Seen yet?
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 06:20 PM IST
A third of Covid-19 survivors were diagnosed with a neurological or psychiatric condition in the six months after being infected, according to the first large-scale research to compare the risks to other illnesses, including influenza.
UPDATED ON APR 07, 2021 06:06 PM IST
A new study spills the beans on gender stereotype and exposes a significant patient gender bias that could lead to disparities in treatments as it reveals that women's pain behaviours are discounted in comparison to when men expressed the same amount of pain
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 05:54 PM IST
Vaccinations of children in a study of the Covid-19 shot developed by AstraZeneca Plc and the University of Oxford have been paused while the UK’s drug regulator investigates rare cases of blood clots in adults.