Updated on Oct 25, 2021 02:51 PM IST
By Zarafshan Shiraz, Delhi
- Sunkissed pictures are so yesterday and Parineeti Chopra proves the same as brushes aside our Monday blues and tickles our travel bug with ‘snowburnt’ pictures from the mountains of Nepal along with a breathtaking virtual tour
During the Navratri festival, nearly 666,000 passengers flew in and out of the Mumbai airport from October 7-15, marking a steady return towards pre-Covid times. More than 317,000 of them arrived at the airport and about 349,000 departed it
Updated on Oct 25, 2021 11:53 AM IST
By Neha LM Tripathi
- The new guidelines provide protocols to be complied with international travellers as well those to be followed by airlines, points of entry (airports, seaports and land border) for risk profiling of passengers.
Updated on Oct 25, 2021 08:13 AM IST
Written by Susmita Pakrasi | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- As visitor numbers to Venice continue to pick up, the local population keeps declining. Venice is still struggling to get on top of its over-tourism problem.
Published on Oct 24, 2021 03:30 PM IST
By Deutsche Welle, Delhi
- Gansu registered, from October 18 to Saturday night, a total of 41 confirmed cases, of which 30 are from Lanzhou, seven from Zhangye, two from Jiayu Pass, one from Tianshui, and one from Longnan.
Published on Oct 24, 2021 02:06 PM IST
‘Kindly instruct officials to do needful for starting a direct flight between Dehradun and Bhubaneswar, which will be of great support for devotees and tourists as well’: former Odisha tourism minister in a letter to Jyotiraditya Scindia.
Updated on Oct 24, 2021 07:57 AM IST
PTI | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Bhubaneswar
Go First will operate four flights every week between Srinagar and Sharjah. The direct flights from Sharjah will offer seamless connections to Srinagar and beyond to Chandigarh, Delhi, Jammu, Leh and Mumbai and vice versa.
Updated on Oct 24, 2021 07:44 AM IST
ANI | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Srinagar (jammu And Kashmir) [india]
- The union territory's famous tourist spot Gulmarg also received season's first snowfall this morning while the Srinagar district received light showers of rain.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 05:48 PM IST
- The new development is likely to have come after reviewing the Covid-19 situation in these countries.
Updated on Oct 23, 2021 04:49 PM IST
Written by Shubhangi Gupta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- “To be one with those who live forever. To think that 5000 years ago the Egyptian civilisation knew the principles of science, architecture, astronomy and used it to create immortality (well..) is mind numbing and so humbling,” wrote Mini in her caption.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 01:46 PM IST
By Tapatrisha Das, Delhi
- Amidst the work schedule, Diana is also scooping out time for herself to immerse in the beauty of Himachal Pradesh. Since she reached Shimla, the actor has been sharing a slew of pictures on her Instagram profile to treat her Instagram family.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 02:04 PM IST
By Tapatrisha Das, Delhi
The Canadian government has removed its global travel advisory on all non-essential travel outside the country. The caution had been in place since the spring of 2020 as the Covid-19 pandemic first spread internationally and into Canada.
Updated on Oct 22, 2021 11:03 AM IST
By Anirudh Bhattacharyya I Edited by Amit Chanda
Movement restrictions have been lifted in Melbourne while venues from salons to restaurants are reopening for fully-vaccinated people. Art galleries, gyms and other venues are expected to begin opening their doors early next month
Updated on Oct 22, 2021 10:10 AM IST
Bloomberg | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz
- The government took several measures to encourage tourism this festive season to make up for the financial hit it took last year. The two-month lockdown during the peak season last year caused an estimated loss of ₹500-700 crore, officials said.
Published on Oct 21, 2021 09:21 PM IST
- With many of the men working for the Army and away from home for months, the women of Phyang, a mountain village about 15 km from Leh with great views of rugged peaks and cloud laden blue skies, are slowly coming into their own as homestay hosts.
Updated on Oct 21, 2021 10:25 PM IST
- In a short video, Mira shared a snippet of how she went for a dive in the waters. Dressed in a red bikini, Mira was in need of some “Vitamin Sea.” And that’s why she did the obvious – she took the plunge into the waters.
Published on Oct 21, 2021 04:21 PM IST
By Tapatrisha Das, Delhi
From November1, Thailand will allow vaccinated arrivals from low risk countries to return to its popular destinations like Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Bangkok.
Updated on Oct 21, 2021 07:38 AM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Bangkok
- From this week, the lanes will be extended to vaccinated arrivals from Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Britain and the United States, who can enter Singapore without quarantine if they pass Covid-19 tests.
Published on Oct 20, 2021 05:30 PM IST
- A video, documenting the amount of fun that they have been having in Maldives, made its way on Tahira Kashyap’s Instagram profile on Tuesday, and it is making our weekday better. The video perfectly captures the close-knit bonding that the family has.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 01:14 PM IST
By Tapatrisha Das, Delhi
- Madame Tussauds opened its first outpost in the Arab world in Dubai. With only limited oil reserves, the emirate of Dubai has been focussing on the development of tourism sector.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 07:32 AM IST
AFP | , Delhi
- The world famous Statue of Unity and other tourist attractions around it at Kevadia in Gujarat's Narmada district will remain open for visitors between October 28 and 31.
Updated on Oct 18, 2021 10:13 PM IST
- Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said fully vaccinated travellers would be allowed into the Australian state Queensland without quarantining when 80 per cent of the state's population aged 16 and older was vaccinated. That benchmark is expected to be achieved by December 17.
Published on Oct 18, 2021 01:35 PM IST
Updated on Oct 18, 2021 11:37 AM IST
- The consequences of months without tourists are painfully obvious across Barcelona: A number of stores have even gone out of business on one of the city's most important tourist streets.
Published on Oct 18, 2021 08:36 AM IST
By Deutsche Welle
- The second wave of the Covid-19 restrictions had forced the airlines to limit domestic flight operations to 50% of their capacity in June.
Updated on Oct 18, 2021 08:44 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Kudchadkar, who is a collector of antiques, said the idea behind the museum was to make the world aware of Goa's rich heritage, especially the story of feni, the strong local drink.
Updated on Oct 17, 2021 07:38 PM IST
Most top restaurants in Dubai are branches of places from abroad, but they can be very good with their cooking skills and presentation
Updated on Oct 17, 2021 12:08 AM IST
By Vir Sanghvi
- "I hope that the connectivity between Temple City, Bhubaneswar and Pink City, Jaipur would not only enhance tourist footfall but would also provide a boost to economic activities in both the states," Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia said.
Updated on Oct 16, 2021 06:13 PM IST
Minimal touch-points, the freedom to set your own schedule, time-efficiency have made private air charters popular in a post pandemic world
Updated on Oct 16, 2021 12:27 PM IST