- Six weeks since the vaccine drive started, it is becoming apparent that the road ahead for booster coverage is going to be different in terms of pushing for coverage. Here's what we know:
Published on May 17, 2022 02:49 PM IST
When done right, digital transformation can help social sector organisations drive down costs, higher efficiency, service deliver, increase transparency and accountability.
Published on May 16, 2022 05:04 PM IST
A record 44 start-ups turned into unicorns in India in 2021, when India overtook the United Kingdom as home to the third highest number of unicorns after the United States and China.
Published on May 07, 2022 01:49 PM IST
- Despite the sheer size of the expansion plan, it does not appear to be an unsurmountable task for the government, especially going by past data. Let's see why.
Updated on Apr 13, 2022 03:38 PM IST
- In both what the foreign minister said, and what he did not say, lies the story of India’s strengths, constraints, calculations and aspirations and the larger strategy that is an outcome of these variables.
Published on Apr 07, 2022 12:07 PM IST
- In what was considered largely a digital affair due to restrictions on campaigning, candidates and parties took to Twitter and Facebook. Here is how they used these platforms to connect with voters:
- Protection against severe Covid starts fading fast after 4-6 months. This is why, the sooner the issue of wider booster coverage is dealt with (and boosters are made available), the better for India, and the world.
Published on Mar 22, 2022 01:17 PM IST
- The sanctions could pose a unique set of challenges for the India-Russia defence relationship and put India’s military preparedness to the test
Published on Mar 17, 2022 02:00 PM IST
- While women's representation across the five states has increased inchmeal — from an average of 4.6% in 2002 to 10% in 2022 — in real terms, the difference between the two is only 36 legislators.
- With the average daily deaths much higher than ever seen since the beginning of the pandemic, there are lessons for countries on their approach to fighting the virus
Published on Mar 16, 2022 12:52 PM IST
- The polls saw a polarised verdict, with 83% of Muslim voters picking the SP. Here are the trends in party nomination and representation of Muslims to understand voter behaviour
Published on Mar 15, 2022 04:59 PM IST
- A report prepared by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, titled the Annual Threat Assessment of the US Intelligence Community, was made public on March 8. HT's deep dive into the fine print of the report:
Published on Mar 15, 2022 01:57 PM IST
For the nationally enfeebled Congress, the loss of face in Punjab over Aam Aadmi Party huge win is way bigger and self-inflicted after the head-start it had with Charanjeet Singh Channi’s elevation as the state’s first Dalit chief minister.
Updated on Mar 10, 2022 05:04 PM IST
- While women have been at the core of parties' campaigns, every party — barring the Congress — has done little to actually include them. Here are four charts that explain this:
Updated on Mar 09, 2022 04:28 PM IST
UP election: There is a significant dip in religious polarisation in Purvanchal as we move from western Uttar Pradesh. And eastern UP doesn’t have either an urban agglomeration or agricultural surplus like the NCR in western UP to boost the region’s economy.
Updated on Mar 07, 2022 05:09 PM IST
- As per US intelligence, February 16 was the date given by President Joe Biden for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Published on Mar 06, 2022 04:11 PM IST
- Here we take a look at the lessons that two years of the pandemic have taught us, and how they may serve us in possible future waves.
Published on Mar 03, 2022 02:46 PM IST
- Did the US make a strategic blunder by facilitating China’s economic rise? Part of the Indian strategic establishment seems to think so. But the reality is more complicated.
Published on Mar 01, 2022 05:18 PM IST
- The trappings of a sacrosanct ritual were all there. Before entering the Security Council chambers, European diplomats and the Ukrainian Representative stood with the Ukrainian flag in front of Pablo Picasso’s ‘Guernica’, a tapestry about the Spanish Civil War.
Updated on Feb 26, 2022 06:35 PM IST
Exclusive: The Security Council was not conceived to be platform for great power conflict solutions. With great power competition now in play, the Council’s inadequacies are on display. The Ukraine resolution will be moved in the UNSC this evening
Updated on Feb 25, 2022 08:23 PM IST
- The evidence is clear. Caste politics — of which the SP and BSP are accused — did not undermine human development indicators, as seen in the data from NHFS 3 and 4
Updated on Feb 25, 2022 04:14 PM IST
- Keshap, president of USIBC, spoke about the evolution of the India-US relationship, the economic opportunities and challenges, the geo-economics of the Indo-Pacific, and his vision of bilateral ties
Updated on Feb 21, 2022 12:44 PM IST
- Technological innovation has, once again, laid the ground for outsourcing. However, this will be within India, in its service sector. Those at the helm of these disruptive technologies will be the clear winners, but the losers will outnumber them
Updated on Feb 18, 2022 12:01 PM IST
- Much of economics has grappled with these trade-offs between well-being and prosperity, as do governments. And in this context, the Union Budget 2022 stands out
Published on Feb 16, 2022 11:53 AM IST
- Here are four charts that look at the BJP’s 2017 performance and extrapolate the situation to make sense of the 2022 contest.
Published on Feb 16, 2022 11:12 AM IST
- As cases drop and the global Omicron wave recedes, a look into the trajectory of infections and deaths of all three waves
Published on Feb 16, 2022 11:03 AM IST
- The first is a formal-non formal sector divide. The second is an urban-rural divide
Updated on Feb 14, 2022 02:33 PM IST
- President and CEO, USISPF, Mukesh Aghi on the current bilateral partnership, the challenges faced by US businesses, and the reformist steps and policy gaps in India.
Published on Feb 10, 2022 11:34 AM IST
- The contentious subject ensues a legal question of whether the right to wear a hijab is constitutionally protected as an essential religious practice or not. A deep dive:
Published on Feb 09, 2022 11:23 AM IST