By Shruti Tomar, Bhopal
UPDATED ON JAN 25, 2021 12:13 AM IST
- The two accused were identified as Ayub Qureshi, who was convicted in a case of Mumbai Bomb Blast 1993, and Waseem Khan, who was a member of the Abu Salem gang.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 24, 2021 07:16 PM IST
Yesterday, Banerjee did not deliver her speech at an event at Victoria Memorial to mark the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose "in protest" to 'Jai Shree Ram' slogans raised when she was invited to speak.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 24, 2021 09:20 AM IST
- A controversy has broken out in Madhya Pradesh over veracity of some government staff testing Covid-19 positive before the winter assembly session last year, leading to its cancellation.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 24, 2021 05:31 AM IST
Former CM Digvijaya Singh was among the 110 arrested Congress leaders, said Upendra Jain, ADG Bhopal.
UPDATED ON JAN 22, 2021 05:22 PM IST
The former Madhya Pradesh chief minister said farmers came together under the leadership of farm leaders Mahendra Singh Tikait and Sharad Joshi around 30 years ago.
By Shruti Tomar
PUBLISHED ON JAN 22, 2021 04:53 PM IST
Former chief minister and Bharatiya Janata Party senior leader Uma Bharti opposed the proposal and demanded a ban on the sale of liquor in all BJP-ruled states
PUBLISHED ON JAN 22, 2021 05:26 AM IST
“On Monday afternoon, the girl consumed sleeping pills to end her life. She was rushed to Hamidia hospital where she died on Wednesday while undergoing treatment. After post mortem, the body was handed over to the family,” said Sai Krishna Thota, SP, Bhopal (south).
By Anupam Pateriya
UPDATED ON JAN 21, 2021 11:19 AM IST
The girl’s body was found in an agricultural field a day after she went missing on March 13, 2019. It later emerged that her brother had abducted and taken her to their uncle’s house
PUBLISHED ON JAN 17, 2021 10:58 PM IST
The home of main accused Mukesh Kirar in Chhera village was also demolished as part of the action following the tragedy.
By Shruti Tomar, Bhopal/gwalior
UPDATED ON JAN 17, 2021 05:29 PM IST
- Balveer Singh Yadav, 45, a resident of Bharrad village of Madhya Pradesh's Morena district had been arrested in 2006 in connection to a murder case.
By Shruti Tomar
PUBLISHED ON JAN 17, 2021 10:50 AM IST
Umaria superintendent of police (SP) Vikas Shahwal said the girl was in trauma and being counselled.
UPDATED ON JAN 17, 2021 12:09 AM IST
- The victim died on Saturday while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 16, 2021 11:31 PM IST
The local administration has decided to shut the school for a week, after the infections were detected among Class 12 students.
UPDATED ON JAN 16, 2021 02:58 PM IST
- Yadav has shown through for his commitment while managing the crowd of patients and visitors at the hospital without taking a single leave since March 2020, said a hospital official
PUBLISHED ON JAN 15, 2021 07:56 AM IST
- The accused confessed to their crime and said they killed Sahu over a dispute over ₹5 crore that the deceased was demanding from Naresh Gurjar, one of the main accused, said police.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Harshit Sabarwal, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 14, 2021 03:31 PM IST
Covaxin is developed by Bharat Biotech in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) while the Serum Institute of India (SII) has developed Covishield.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 14, 2021 08:30 AM IST
- A senior BJP leader said it was unfortunate that Congress leaders continue to insult women but the Congress high command remains silent.
UPDATED ON JAN 11, 2021 11:57 PM IST
- The DGP stated eloping with boyfriends as one of the reasons behind the disappearance of girls and women in urban areas.
By Shruti Tomar | Edited by Sparshita Saxena, Bhopal
UPDATED ON JAN 11, 2021 12:31 AM IST
- People found ancient coins on the bank of river in Madhya Pradesh's Shivpura village a few days ago.
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Sparshita Saxena, Bhopal
UPDATED ON JAN 10, 2021 10:11 PM IST
- Covaxin is India’s first indigenous Covid-19 vaccine developed by Bharat Biotech.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 10, 2021 09:05 PM IST
A 13-member high-level delegation led by Madhya Pradesh Tourism minister Usha Thakur will arrive here on January 12 and undertake a seven-day tour of various places to understand the RT mission model, a release said.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 10, 2021 03:13 PM IST
Bhopal received 4.4 mm rainfall, while Indore recorded 2.9 mm rainfall in the last 24 hours, as per the IMD.
By Shruti Tomar, Bhopal
PUBLISHED ON JAN 10, 2021 01:56 AM IST
The accused, meanwhile, told the police that he was in a relationship with the woman for the past eight years.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Mallika Soni
PUBLISHED ON JAN 09, 2021 09:13 PM IST
The aim of the law according to the government is to stop forced religious conversions on the pretext of marriage, and the use of force, misrepresentation, or other fraudulent means for conversion.
UPDATED ON JAN 09, 2021 04:47 PM IST
Madhya Pradesh Medico Legal Institute Director Dr Ashok Sharma said the doctor who had performed postmortem of the deceased suspects that he died of poisoning.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 09, 2021 04:19 PM IST
- The sale of high-protein black meat chicken, also known as ‘Kadaknath’, from unregulated markets in Malwa region pose a big challenge for authorities.
By Press Trust of India| Posted by: Harshit Sabarwal | Indore
PUBLISHED ON JAN 08, 2021 07:58 PM IST
The patient, who is asymptomatic, has been placed in home isolation, district collector Manish Singh said. It was the first case of infection of the UK variant of the virus in the state, said Dr Veena Sinha, additional director, MP Health Department.
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Abhinav Sahay | Hindustan Times, Bhopal/Sagar
UPDATED ON JAN 08, 2021 05:26 PM IST
the 18-year-old rape survivor told the police in her complaint that the accused looted her silver ornaments, cash and the mobile phones belonging to her and her companion.
By Ranjan | Hindustan Times, Bhopal
UPDATED ON JAN 08, 2021 12:07 AM IST
One of the ordinances prescribes punishment of those guilty of adulteration of food and drugs with up to a life term in prison.
By hindustantimes.com| Edited by: Harshit Sabarwal | Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 07, 2021 06:06 PM IST
“We are keeping an eye on Bird flu and have issued the guideline for poultry farms. We have banned the supply of chicken from the southern states to MP for the next 10 days. We are taking precautions,” Chouhan said while speaking to reporters.