Kangana Ranaut attends event wearing sari gifted by Rekha, senior actor says she’s like her daughter. See pics, video
Veteran actor Rekha shares a great bond with Kangana Ranaut and their love for each other was visible at the recently held Marathi Taraka event. While Rekha was her usual gorgeous self in a golden Kanjeevaram paired with ethnic jewellery, Kangana too arrived in a sari gifted to her by the senior actor. Kangana is often spotted in saris off the screen and looked beautiful in the black and gold number complete with a gajra in her hair. The two ladies greeted each other with a warm hug.
Kangana also presented a special award to Rekha, who was all praise for the Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi actor. Expressing her fondness for her, the veteran actor said, “If I had a daughter she would have been like Kangana” and even called her a real life Jhansi Ki Rani.
Watch | ‘If I had a daughter she would have been like Kangana’: Rekha
Another actor who stole the spotlight at the event was Simmba actor Sara Ali Khan. The actor was decked up in a peach silk kurta-salwar and shared the stage with other industry stalwarts including Asha Parekh, Bindu, Jaya Prada, Waheeda Rahman, Helen and choreographer Saroj Khan. Sara made good use of the opportunity and mingled with the senior actors at the event. She also shook a leg with Saroj on stage.
Rekha also bonded with Saroj as the two were seen chatting at the event. Kangana also greeted the choreographer on the occasion. Senior actor Zeenat Aman was also present at the do. Have a look at some more pictures from the night.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.
- Actor Salman Khan, in his Republic Day message for fans, called for unity. Read what he has to say here.
- Kajol revealed that the most important thing her mother Tanuja taught her about parenting was to let children think for themselves.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a Republic Day message for her fans on Instagram. She wished for freedom of the mind and pride of the soul on the occasion.
- Anushka Sharma and her husband, Virat Kohli, have shared messages on the occasion of Republic Day. Check them out here.