Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas to host third reception tonight, Deepika Padukone confirms attendance
Bollywood witnessed two mega weddings in November and December, those of actors Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh and actor Priyanka Chopra and singer Nick Jonas. Their many wedding ceremonies and receptions have kept us enthralled for a long time.
On Wednesday, Priyanka’s mother Dr Madhu Chopra hosted a second reception in Mumbai for her family, friends and the media. On Thursday, the star will host a third reception for her industry friends with Nick by her side.
Priyanka as a vision in beautiful ash blue corset-styled Sabyasachi outfit. Her elaborate uncut diamond necklace was her only other stand-out piece of jewellery.
Now, a report in Times Now says that among the stars who have confirmed their attendance for the evening is Priyanka’s Bajirao Mastani co-star Deepika Padukone. While the two could not attend each other’s weddings, they immediately congratulated each other on Instagram, after each posted official pictures online.
Confirming Deepika’s participation, her manager was quoted as saying: “Yes, she will be attending the reception and was one of the first ones to receive the invite.”
About seven days ago, a copy of the reception invite found its way to the internet. The card is off white with gold alphabets on it. A red tilak on top adds colour to the card. The invite addresses the guest on behalf of Priyanka’s mother, Madhu Chopra. The reception will take place at the ballroom of Taj Lands’ End.
Priyanka and Nick got married on December 1 and 2 in twin wedding ceremonies (Christian and Hindu) in Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhawan. They hosted a reception in Delhi on December 4, post which they went for a brief vacation to Oman.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.
Covid effect on pre-shoot rituals for actors? Sara Ali Khan, Taapsee Pannu, Anil Kapoor spill the beans
- Kartik Aaryan has recreated a Game of Thrones scene in Manali, originally featuring Kit Harrington as Jon Snow.