Taapsee Pannu takes a dig at Rangoli Chandel, tells Varun Dhawan to mention her name in Saand Ki Aankh tweet
After saying that she has ‘no time to waste’ on Kangana Ranaut and her sister Rangoli Chandel’s mean attack on her, looks like actor Taapsee Pannu could not resist taking a jibe at the two. Taapsee threw shade at Rangoli on Twitter, bringing back their online spat from earlier this week, back into the limelight.
The first teaser for Taapsee and Bhumi Pednekar’s upcoming film Saand Ki Aankh was shared on Thursday. When actor Varun Dhawan congratulated director Tushar Hiranandani on the teaser launch, Taapsee saw the right opportunity to take a dig at Rangoli.
“Proud of you Tushar. Bringing real Indian heroes on the big screen. Best dadis,” Varun wrote in a tweet. Taapsee replied, “Arre Varun but u have not written our names. y no appreciation for us ??? Why why why?”
Last week, Varun had shared a similar tweet of appreciation for Kangana and Rajkummar Rao’s upcoming film JudgeMentall Hai Kya. Rangoli asked him why he had not mentioned Kangana in his tweet. “Kangana ka bhi naam likh dete sir!! Wo bhi kisi ko bachi hai usne bhi mehnat ki hai (You should have mentioned Kangana’s name too. She is also somebody’s daughter. She has also worked hard)!!!,” she wrote in her tweet. Varun replied: “Loving everyone from satish sir, Hussain,raj and specially Kangana aur lead cast ka wohi matlab tha maam. Best wishes.”
ALSO WATCH: Game Over | Public review of Taapsee Pannu’s latest movie
Rangoli had also sent out multiple tweets against Taapsee, calling her Kangana’s ‘sasti copy’ when Taapsee shared supportive tweets for JudgeMentall Hai Kya but again, missed taking Kangana’s name. “This is so cool!!!! Always had high expectations out of this one n this looks so worth it,” she had written in her tweet tagging the film’s trailer.
Rangoli shot back: “Kuch log Kangana ko copy kar ke he apni dukaan chalate hain, magar pls note, they never acknowledge her not even a mention of her name in praising the trailer, last I heard Taapsee ji said Kangana needs a double filter and Tapsee ji you need to stop being a sasti copy.”
Taapsee, then, had said, “Short life, no time to waste on this. Have so many happier and better things happening in my life to look at right now.” But it looks like she found a way to talk about it. Varun replied to her tweet: “Taapsee and Bhumi are naughty dadis.”
Saand Ki Aankh releases on Diwali. Taapsee and Bhumi play real life octogenarians Chandro and Prakashi Tomar of Haryana who take up competitive shooting at the age of 50 to encourage their daughters towards a bright future.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.