Kangana Ranaut defends sister, targets Farah Khan Ali again: ‘Don’t twist words to suit your distorted narrative’
Kangana Ranaut has hit back at jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali’s claim that Rangoli Chandel’s tweet, which got her suspended from Twitter was “totally inappropriate, hateful and goes against the rule of law”.
Tweeting from her team’s official handle, Kangana accused Farah of “selectively quoting” Rangoli’s tweet and advised her to “kindly don’t twist words to suit your distorted narrative”. The actor claimed that her sister condemned “those who attacked doctors” and at no point did she “compare herself to a nazi”.
“She wrote ‘they may call us Nazi’, referring to the slurs she received,” Kangana clarified Rangoli’s tweet.
Last week, Rangoli’s account was suspended by Twitter for allegedly inciting hate by sharing tweets with communal undertones. Kangana defended her sister and said that both of them will issue an apology if any of her tweets targetted a particular community. She also urged the government to “completely demolish” platforms like Twitter and start our own social media platforms.
Farah wrote an open letter to Kangana, calling herself a “huge fan” of the actor, but insisting that Rangoli’s tweet was targetted towards a particular community.
“I have nothing personal against Rangoli or you and have even met Rangoli in the past where she came across as sweet. She has been an acid victim and now a social activist so should be more responsible with her tweets. She should inspire all who have lost hope to have hope. She should lead by example. Spewing hatred towards a community and calling for them to be killed for the acts of few is unacceptable. I do hope she sees her error and realises that she has the social and moral responsibility of so much more than just being your sister. God bless you both. May peace be upon you and our country at large,” she added.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.