Ryan Reynolds rules out Green Lantern cameo in Zack Snyder's Justice League
Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds has dispelled the rumours that he will have a cameo as Green Lantern in the upcoming Zack Snyder cut of Justice League.
Speculation resurfaced after Vanity Fair reported Monday that the ending of the director's cut of the 2017 DC superhero film would include a major cameo.
Reynolds, who played Green Lantern/Hal Jordan in the 2011 titular film, set the record straight by replying to a Twitter user who suggested the actor might reprise the role.
"It's not me. But what a cool pirate flag to cameo as Hal. Maybe it's another GL (Green Lantern)? But for me, the suit stays in the closet. I mean, computer," the 44-year-old actor said.
Reynolds' confirmation comes six months after he tweeted that he would "love to be in Zack Snyder's Justice League movie".
Also read | Anurag Kashyap’s daughter Aaliyah would never get matching tattoos with boyfriend: ‘I would definitely regret it’
As Green Lantern, Reynolds' performance was the highlight of the otherwise forgetful film.
A recent trailer of Snyder's Justice League featured a new face: Jared Leto, who is reprising his role as The Joker. The new cut also stars Ben Affleck as Batman, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, Amber Heard as Mera, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Henry Cavill as Superman and Ezra Miller as The Flash.
The film, rated R, is slated to be released on streaming service HBO Max on March 18.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Wesley Snipes has spoken about why his Black Panther film never got made in the 90s. The role was eventually brought to life by Chadwick Boseman.
- Billie Eilish The World’s a Little Blurry movie review: Apple's brilliant documentary traces the meteoric rise of the music industry's most mercurial performer.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.
- I Care a Lot movie review: Rosamund Pike is in proper Gone Girl mode in director J Blakeson's devilishly entertaining dark comedy, out on Netflix.