12 fishermen stranded mid sea as boat engine develops snag
A boat carrying 12 fishermen, which had set sail from Vasai in Maharashtra’s Palghar district four days back, has got stranded in the Arabian sea due to engine failure, an official said on Sunday.
Palghar district disaster control cell chief Vivekanand Kadam said the fishermen from Vasai had embarked on the fishing expedition.
“But when the boat was proceeding towards Gujarat, its engine developed a snag and the boat got struck midway,” he said.
“Help from the Navy and the Coast Guard is being sought for the rescue of the fishermen,” he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The ECI’s full bench comprising the CEC and election commissioners Sushil Chandra and Rajiv Kumar were in West Bengal on a two-day visit to take stock of the poll preparedness and law and order situation ahead of the crucial assembly polls scheduled to be held this year.
- Sukhbir Singh Badal accused the Centre of resorting to arm-twisting tactics to "intimidate" all those who were supporting the farmers' agitation. Alleging that an FIR was lodged against Manjinder Singh Sirsa as he was providing langar service and other humanitarian aid to the farmers' agitation.
- A person who had returned from the UK two weeks back in north Kerala’s Kannur has been detected with the modified strain of the virus. With this, the total number of modified virus cases has gone up to 10 in the state.
- As per a statement issued by the Indian Navy, the theme of the tableau for the 2021 Republic Day Parade is titled 'Indian Navy Combat Ready, Credible and Cohesive'. The forward section of the tableau will showcase the attack on Karachi harbour by missile boats.
- Initially, the services will be introduced in around 30 railway stations catering to approximately 250 trains.