India has practically achieved pre-2020 climate action targets, says Prakash Javadekar
Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar on Friday launched the “India Climate Change Knowledge Portal” through a virtual event where he said that India has practically achieved its pre-2020 climate action targets.
“Happy to inform that India has practically achieved its Pre-2020 #ClimateAction targets. Although India is not responsible for historical emissions, India, under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji, is leading the world on ClimateAction @moefcc,” Javadekar tweeted.
Expressing happiness over the web portal launch, Javadekar said the portal will be a “single point information resource” which provides information on the different climate initiatives taken by various line ministries enabling users to access updated status on these initiatives.
According to a release issued by the ministry of environment, the portal captures sector-wise adaptation and mitigation actions that are being taken by the various line ministries in one place including updated information on their implementation. The knowledge portal will help in disseminating knowledge among citizens about all the major steps government is taking at both national and international levels to address climate change issues.
The eight major components included in the knowledge portal are - India’s Climate Profile, National Policy Framework, India’s NDC goals, Adaptation Actions, Mitigation Actions, Bilateral and Multilateral Cooperation, International Climate Negotiations and Reports & Publications.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rajib Banerjee took to Facebook to dissent against the Trinamool, stating the senior leaders have not paid heed to his concerns.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 1 PM. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- NPCI has not specified the time it would take to update the system.
- The official data also shows a big increase in the total number of registered paddy farmers, which now stands at 21.52 lakh.
- PM Modi said India is entering its 75th year of Independence this year, adding that innumerable people from Assam have contributed to the nation's freedom struggle.