Fairytale champions Leicester won the Premier League for the first time in the club’s 132-year history after second placed Tottenham’s 2-2 draw at Chelsea on Monday.
Here a look at the reactions from around the world:
“Leicester City have won the Premier League. The biggest sporting shock of my lifetime, and it’s only my team. I got emotional. It was hard to breathe.”
- Former Leicester and England striker Gary Lineker
“Leicester’s truimph is the the reason why we all love football. Congratulations.”
- Lionel Messi, Barcelona and Spain footballer.
“Massive congrats @LCFC! It’s been a thrill to follow all season. #worthychampions.”
- Former world number one golfer Rory Mcllroy
“Many congratulations to Leicester. An extraordinary, thoroughly deserved, Premier League title.”
- British Prime Minister David Cameron
“To be Premier League champions is a fantastic achievement and I want to say well done to Claudio and the boys.”
- Mark Selby, the Leicester-born snooker player who won the World Championship title just shortly after the Foxes were crowned champions.
“Proud of you Spurs! But Leicester... What an inspiration, the best f***** story ever! Congratulations!!!! X”
- Grammy and Oscar-winning pop star Adele, who hails from the north London district of Tottenham
“An unbelievable night for Leicester. This is the greatest achievement in British sport. I was a massive sceptic of (Leicester manager) Claudio Ranieri but he proved me so wrong.”
- Former Leicester and Wales midfielder Robbie Savage
“Well done, Leicester City. You showed all sportsmen that dreams and fairytales can come true, if u truly believe, amazing story. Congrats.”
- Australian cricket legend Shane Warne
“Congratulations to Leicester City for winning the Premier League against all the odds, magnificent well done. West Ham next year.”
- West Ham co-owner David Gold
“Well done LCFC. What an amazing season. Incredible achievement.”
- Welsh rugby icon Jonathan Davies
“There’s no doubt that is the greatest achievement in the history of our game. Football had become a closed shop with the same teams winning year after year and you never believed a story like this could happen. Statue for Ranieri in the morning I think.”
- Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher