Bihar matric paper leak: Social science first sitting exam cancelled, 3 arrested
- As per the board, altogether 8.46 lakh students appeared in the first sitting exam. The re-examination for the paper will be held on March 8.
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has cancelled the matriculation social science examination held in the first sitting on Friday following a paper leak in the Jamui district.
As per the board, altogether 8.46 lakh students appeared in the first sitting exam. The re-examination for the paper will be held on March 8.
The BSEB issued a statement on late Friday evening stating that in the preliminary investigation it was found that the question paper was leaked through WhatsApp by a contractual staff of the Jhajha branch of the State Bank of India (SBI).
“Three persons, including Vikas Kumar and two other SBI staff of Jhajha branch were arrested. During the investigation, it was found that Kumar had sent the question paper through WhatsApp to one of his relatives, who appeared in the exam”, read the statement.
The board also asked the Jamui district magistrate and SP to probe the matter. After their joint probe and report submitted to the board, BSEB ordered to lodge an FIR against them. Jamui police arrested all three accused on Friday evening.
BSEB chairman Anand Kishor, said, “Detailed investigation is being done by the police in the matter. Strict legal actions following legal procedures will be taken against any government official or individual found guilty in the paper leak matter.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The declaration of result for class 10 annual regular (Kashmir) students is likely to take a few more days.
- Candidates can submit their forms online at cbse.gov.in.
- The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) matriculation examination, which began on February 17, concluded on Wednesday.
- CBSE 10th boards 2021: Students can check the revised curriculum for the class 10 social science exam on the board's official website at cbseacademic.nic.in.
- Appearing in Board exams is a very important event for every students as it marks a major transition in their academic life.
- Altogether 40 examinees were expelled from the exam centres across the state for using unfair means on the second day of matriculation exam conducted by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Thursday.
- Over 16 lakh students wrote science paper on the first day of board exam.
- The Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) on Wednesday released the final date sheet of Class 10 and Class 12 annual exams.
- Tamil Nadu state board examinations will begin from May 3 and conclude on May 21. The directorate of government examinations announced on Wednesday the schedule for class 12 exams.
- The Bihar Board Class 10 exams 2021 commenced on Wednesday at various centres across the state amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- JKBOSE chairman, Professor Veena Pandita inaugurated the workshop, and JKBOSE secretary, Maneesha Sareen, presided over the programme.
- According to the media reports, the results for Bihar Board class 12th exam 2021 is expected to be announced by March or April 2021.