Why hide the papers? Why keep the conspiracy theories related to Netaji Subhas Bose’s death alive? And why deny India the truth about the death of one of its great freedom fighters?
Articles by Vir Sanghvi
UPDATED ON SEP 20, 2021 03:36 PM IST
Barbecue and open fire cooking are in vogue the world over, but Indian chefs have been reluctant to go down that road: till now!
PUBLISHED ON SEP 11, 2021 11:27 PM IST
- From being a seasonal destination, Rajasthan has emerged as the place to go to all year-round in post-pandemic times
PUBLISHED ON SEP 04, 2021 09:41 PM IST
After being eclipsed by Delhi for so long, it looks as if Mumbai may become the food capital again. Here’s why
PUBLISHED ON AUG 31, 2021 03:44 PM IST
- Who are the best PMs India never had? I don’t have the historical perspective to tell you how good Sardar Patel would have been (though my guess is: very good), but here are some I watched closely while covering politics over the last few decades.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 29, 2021 09:51 AM IST
Yes, it is safe to order in and to eat out but only if you follow these nine rules. So, read on before you step out to your favourite food joint
UPDATED ON AUG 24, 2021 04:06 PM IST
- What kind of prime minister would Rajiv Gandhi have made in a second term? The general view of his first term is that he was well-intentioned but inexperienced and therefore unable to achieve the things he wanted to do.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 22, 2021 08:34 AM IST
What are the defining characteristics of Indian Chinese food? A guide to Sino-Ludhianvi style ‘Chinese’ food
PUBLISHED ON AUG 15, 2021 09:29 AM IST
If a hotelier of Indian origin can transform luxury tourism in the Maldives, why can’t we build better beach resorts in our own country?
PUBLISHED ON AUG 12, 2021 02:06 PM IST
- When did it all change? When did journalists lose so much of their access and clout?
PUBLISHED ON AUG 08, 2021 09:01 AM IST
This is the most popular chocolate dessert of our times, the stuff of movies and controversies. And imagine, it all began with an accident!
PUBLISHED ON AUG 01, 2021 08:53 AM IST
It’s good for your mental health to get out and take a break. Here are seven tips to keep safe while you’re out and about
PUBLISHED ON JUL 25, 2021 08:26 AM IST
It may be time to rid biryani of its royal pretensions and recognise that it was always meant for the masses
UPDATED ON JUL 23, 2021 07:12 PM IST
- The Opposition sees him as weak and vulnerable but the government is no longer that worried
PUBLISHED ON JUL 18, 2021 09:41 AM IST
There is no better time to visit Goa than the monsoon season when temperatures are low and the fancy tourists have stayed away
UPDATED ON JUL 15, 2021 04:44 PM IST
- There is much for us to learn from how England responded to racism after the Euro final.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 11, 2021 08:45 AM IST
There’s a variety of peppers available in the market, so why are we still hooked on to Kashmiri chillis for flavour and colour?
UPDATED ON JUL 08, 2021 12:34 AM IST
Dilip Kumar was more than the screen legend all serious actors modelled themselves on. The 98-year-old exemplified the hope, aspirations, idealism and disappointments of a newly independent India
UPDATED ON JUL 09, 2021 11:57 AM IST
- In this week's The Taste, Vir Sanghvi writes, "Dilip Kumar defined a vanishing India where stars fought with dignity for an inclusive nation."
UPDATED ON AUG 07, 2021 03:20 PM IST
There are upmarket sandwiches and then there are downmarket sandwiches but the best sandwich is the one you like best
PUBLISHED ON JUL 02, 2021 02:37 PM IST
- In this week's The Taste, Vir Sanghvi writes, "Two chief ministers, two explosions of dissidence and two different kinds of responses from Delhi."
PUBLISHED ON JUN 27, 2021 07:34 AM IST
This village, a few miles from Shimla, has suddenly become the coolest destination of the summer for holiday-makers
UPDATED ON JUN 25, 2021 03:29 PM IST
- In this week's The Taste, Vir Sanghvi writes, "Only in India do elected Chief Ministers have to submit themselves to the whims of an unelectable High Command."
PUBLISHED ON JUN 20, 2021 08:04 AM IST
I am sure that most of you have heard of Ranveer Brar, Kunal Kapoor, Ritu Dalmia, Manu Chandra and Hussain Shahzad
UPDATED ON JUN 18, 2021 10:16 PM IST
Even as they struggle to survive, the country’s hotels are pitching in on the frontlines, sending meals to doctors, nurses, cops and the needy.
UPDATED ON JUN 18, 2021 06:16 PM IST
- In this week's The Taste, "This month’s Covid round-up: protect our doctors, open our parks, wear the masks and decrease the vaccine gap."
PUBLISHED ON JUN 13, 2021 08:30 AM IST
The pizza boom sees great chefs turning out delicious artisanal pizzas. But which is the authentic version?
PUBLISHED ON JUN 10, 2021 04:09 PM IST
- In this week's The Taste, Vir Sanghvi writes, "The defections and the buying and selling of legislators reminds us that politicians have less and less use for values or ideals."
PUBLISHED ON JUN 06, 2021 07:56 AM IST
The founders of Mumbai’s The Bombay Canteen group have faced adversity squarely in the face and won during the pandemic
UPDATED ON JUN 02, 2021 05:38 PM IST
- In this week's The Taste, Vir Sanghvi writes, "A Mood of The Nation poll suggests that the government still has support on Hindutva issues but when it comes to its performance there is dissatisfaction."
UPDATED ON MAY 30, 2021 07:02 AM IST
American fast food companies prefer bland, white chicken meat, but do you know why it’s the leg that Indians like?