Education is constitutional right, says Swara Bhaskar
Bollywood actress Swara Bhaskar recently voiced her opinion on the controversial fee hike in the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University, of which she is an alumna, by reiterating that education is a constitutional right.
The revision in fee structure in JNU has invoked polarised opinions, and has students up in arms with a tense campus atmosphere.
“I am a taxpayer, I am completely okay with my taxes being used to subsidise higher education because I firmly believe education should not be a commodity that becomes a privilege to only a few people in society, those who can afford it.
“Education is a right, a constitutional right, it is something that should be freely accessible at the highest level. I think that girl child education will not be possible if education in general is not a priority for us in society,” Swara, 31, said at the SDGs Impact Summit in New Delhi earlier this month.
Swara, who is known for her bold, unapologetic statements, spoke on a broad range of issues from gender equality to health and education as a key component of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The inaugural Summit was brought together by Times Strategic Solutions Limited and The World We Want.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions through a prescribed format on or before February 28, 2021.
- After the correction window opens, candidates who have registered for the JEE Mains 2021 will be able to make corrections in their application forms online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the typing test can download their admit card online at gjust.ac.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the recruitment examination can take a print out of the final answer key online at ssc.nic.in on or before February 24, 2021.
- Candidates who have qualified in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam can download their admit card for IBPS PO mains online at ibps.in on or before February 4, 2021.
- Candidates who have applied for admission can check the AP EAMCET second phase allotment result 2020 online at apeamcet.nic.in.
- Patnaik had launched the "Mo School" campaign in November 2017 in response to philanthropic interest from alumni of schools of Odisha, residing in India and abroad.
- Universities need to explore the uncharted path and innovative methods when it comes to pedagogy, and playing the role of facilitators in a student's journey of finding their goals and preparing them for their future.