JEE Main topper is Suraj Krishna of Andhra Pradesh, cut-off marks at 74
Bhogi Suraj Krishna from Andhra Pradesh topped the JEE main 2018 examination with a score of 350.
The JEE Main topper is from Vijayawada, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), said.
The JEE Main result 2018 was declared by the CBSE on its official result websites cbse.nic.in and jeemain.nic.in on Monday. The top 231,024 candidates will be eligible for JEE Advanced, which is used for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and other top engineering institutes.
A candidate in the general category requires 74 marks in the JEE Main 2018, to sit for JEE Advanced exam for admissions to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
The Central Board of Secondary Education, which conducts the JEE Main 2018, also placed the cut-off marks for the other backward castes (OBC) category at 45. Cut off marks for scheduled castes and scheduled tribes remained 29 and 24 marks respectively.
According to the CBSE, over 10 lakh students appeared in the JEE Main 2018 offline exam held on April 8 and more than 2 lakh candidates took the online exam on April 15 and April 16.
Though the board has said that no weightage would be given to marks obtained in Class 12th board exams, candidates are required to secure above 75% marks to be eligible for admission to IITs, National Institute of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Centrally-Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) and Self-Financed Institutes (SFIs).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.
- The National Testing Agency has released the answer key of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) 2021
- Copy evaluation for Matric examination conducted by Bihar state education board will begin on March 12 and conclude on March 24.
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Thursday congratulated 12 Indian Institutions on securing position in top 100 in the QS Subject Rankings for the year 2021.