Step inside Lara Dutta-Mahesh Bhupathi's cosy Mumbai and Goa homes that they built together. See pics
Actor Lara Dutta and tennis star Mahesh Bhupathi's marriage turned a decade old. She took to Instagram on Friday to share a video, remembering all the special memories that she has shared with him and their daughter, Saira.
"#ADecadeDone Through the ups and downs and in’s and outs and rounds and abouts, I got you babe!! And I know you got me!! To the next decade and beyond!! #decade #10yearsoflove #igotyoubabe #myman," she wrote. In the video, one can witness the family's most precious moments, such as glimpses from their vacations and all the pictures they clicked at their home.
Lara and Mahesh have a home in Mumbai and another one in Goa. The one in Mumbai is in Pali Hill, Bandra, and was purchased in 2012. The house is cosy and large, just perfect for their adorable family.
During the coronavirus lockdown last year, Mahesh had shared videos from the house as the entire family took a liking to working out in their garden. An entire wall in their living room is made up of glass, that opens to the verandah. The glass doors are framed by a wall of exposed bricks with a large, antique lamp giving it a more cosy, vintage look.
The family often clicks photos in their garden area or simply chills together amid the flower beds and trees. The garden also has cute sculptures of dogs and some garden gnomes to keep them company.
Their Goa home is an even more beautiful treat. The front of the house looks stunning with round and stout white pillars holding up the vaulted roof. At the entrance, one's feet meet the beautiful yellow and white tiles and right across, you can see the other side of the house, which opens to lush greenery.
The walls are painted in the rustic colours of terracotta, framed with white accents. The main door is powder blue with blue windows giving it more life. See the pictures here.
Lara Dutta was last seen in Disney+ Hotstar's series Hundred. It marked her acting comeback after many years. She told Pinkvilla in an interview, “When Saira was born, being with her through her early years was my priority. Mahesh and I were clear that between both of us, one parent will always be with Saira full-time. So, my choices of roles became hugely judged on that parameter. It had to be worth leaving Saira and going to work.”
She said that another reason why she took on fewer roles was that they sometimes just weren’t good enough. She said, “I was also seeking a metamorphosis in the kind of women characters being written and offered to me. It has to make a difference or add value to lives. In addition, being a producer, an entrepreneur with my skincare line has kept me really busy because even those processes for me are things I am very hands-on about.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.