When Bobby Deol courted wife Tanya by cold calling her 'at an absurd hour'
- Bobby Deol's wife, Tanya, once recalled the story of how the actor made moves on her by calling her in the dead of night, only to be ignored.
Actor Bobby Deol's wife, Tanya, once spoke about how he asked her out. Bobby turned 51 on Wednesday and has been married to Tanya since 1996.
In a 2009 interview, Tanya told the story of how Bobby hit on her before she had even had a chance to watch his debut film, Barsaat. She was speaking to designers Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
Asked about how an 'uppity South Bombay girl met this Casanova film star', she said, "I went to play cards during the Diwali season at Chunky's (Panday) house, and Bobby came and he sat with me and we played cards at the same table. He kept losing to me, but he wouldn't pay me, he kept saying he'd take me out for a meal. I was like 'what's wrong with this guy?'"
She continued, "And then, a while later, he called me up. It was at some absurd hour at night. And I was fast asleep. So I pick up the phone and I say to him, 'I'll call you tomorrow'. He says, 'you don't know who I am?'"
Tanya said that the next day, she asked all her friends if they'd called her at night, but none of them had. She had no idea who'd called her, and Bobby was left thinking that she was a really 'snooty girl', for ignoring his call.
But Bobby tried calling her again a week later ('at a normal hour') and they ended up having a seven-hour conversation. She said that they spoke every night that week.
After several years out of action, Bobby bounced back with high-profile projects such as Race 3 and Housefull 4. He was seen in the cop drama Class of 83 and the web series Aashram last year.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.