...
...
Next Story

Gurgaon: 2 students ‘molested’ by sweeper in Vidya School, accused arrested

A case under section 10 of Pocso Act was registered against the accused.

Updated on: Sep 29, 2017, 10:51:38 IST
Hindustan Times, Gurgaon | By
Prefer HTon Google
Advertisement

Two class 3 students were allegedly molested by a sweeper in a Gurgaon private school , once again raising safety concerns in the millennium city’s educational institutions.

Two class 3 students of Gurgaon’s Vidya School were allegedly molested by a sweeper in the institution’s washroom . (HT Photo for representational purpose)
Two class 3 students of Gurgaon’s Vidya School were allegedly molested by a sweeper in the institution’s washroom . (HT Photo for representational purpose)

The 33-year-old accused, identified as Suresh Kumar, was arrested by the police.

The incident comes close on the heels of murder of an eight-year-old Class 2 student by a bus conductor at the Ryan International School on the outskirts of the city.

Kumar, employed as a sweeper in the Vidya School in DLF phase 3, molested the girls when they went to the washroom on Monday, police said.

The incident came to the light during a counselling session where the girls narrated the incident before the school authorities.

The accused is currently a resident of Nathupur village and he hails from Jharkhand.

After getting the complaint from the girl students, the school authorities checked the CCTV recording and found the accused trying to hug and molest the girls.

On Wednesday, a case was registered at the women police station, and Kumar was arrested and produced before a court, which sent him to jail.

A case under section 10 of Pocso Act was registered against the accused, and the statements of the students would be recorded soon, said inspector Kailash Yadav, SHO, women police station.

The Gurgaon district administration earlier on Tuesday directed all schools to submit safety certificates in 15 days under section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC), to ensure protection of school students, officials said.

The directive was issued in the wake of the murder at Ryan School in Bhondsi on September 8.

The schools have been asked to form school safety committees by including two representatives of parents.

 
Catch every big hit, every wicket with Crickit, a one stop destination for Live Scores, Match Stats, Infographics & much more. Explore now!.

Stay updated with all the Breaking News and Latest News from Mumbai. Click here for comprehensive coverage of top Cities including Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and more across India along with Stay informed on the latest happenings in World News.
Catch every big hit, every wicket with Crickit, a one stop destination for Live Scores, Match Stats, Infographics & much more. Explore now!.

Stay updated with all the Breaking News and Latest News from Mumbai. Click here for comprehensive coverage of top Cities including Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and more across India along with Stay informed on the latest happenings in World News.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Hindustantimes wants to start sending you push notifications. Click allow to subscribe