Hrithik Roshan loses over 7 kilos in nine weeks
With nine weeks of intense training, Hrithik Roshan has lost weight that he had gained for his new film, Kaabil.bollywood Updated: Dec 13, 2016 07:34 IST
He isn’t just known for his histrionics, but also for his chiselled physique. But not many people know that Hrithik Roshan gained a few kilos for his new film, Kaabil.
“Hrithik’s fans have admired his body. In fact, he has inspired many with his fitness goals. However, for his role in Kaabil, the actor had to put on some weight, as the character demanded the look,” says an insider.
Hrithik weighed 82kg in mid-January this year. “This was the heaviest he has ever been,” says the source.
Being a perfectionist, the actor gained the extra pounds, but he was “itching” to go back to his chiselled physique. “Once the shoot for Kaabil was wrapped up, Hrithik went back to being a fitness enthusiast,” says the insider.
- Hrithik’s diet went through two phases. Initially, he ate three big meals and one snack a day. He followed this for about seven to eight months.
- In the second phase, he started cutting down on the carbs. He ate two carb meals a day that included brown rice and potatoes. The rest was fibrous carbs acquired through vegetables.
- His protein intake went down to 80gm per meal, and four to six meals depending on his activity levels through the day.
Hrithik adopted a strict regimen that included about three hours of training everyday. “It essentially included an hour and a half of mobility and cardio training in the morning, and an equal duration of callisthenics and weight training in the evening,” says an insider.
As he followed a strict regimen for nine weeks, Hrithik has lost more than 7kg already. “He has also gained considerable amount of strength as he is doing exercises that he has never done before. He has changed his diet as well,” says the insider.
- Hrithik started his day with a host of cardio exercises such as mobility drills, interval running, CrossFit, callisthenics and humanised training.
- The second session in the evening comprised strength and weight training. So, he would take almost 30 seconds to finish one rep as opposed to the normal three to four seconds.
When contacted, Hrithik said, “My physicality for Kaabil had to be in tune with the role I play, as the idea was to not make my character too sharp. I was not required to be the way I was in Bang Bang (2014) or Krrish (2006). So, I enjoyed following a more lenient diet (smiles). But since the last nine weeks, my trainer and I are following an extensive and strict workout regime. He has planned everything so perfectly.”