Panipat trailer with Ashutosh Gowariker’s commentary: Director says Sanjay, Arjun, Kriti were always first choices
Filmmaker Ashutosh Gowariker is back with another mammoth project. This time, he is telling the story of the third battle of Panipat, fought in the 18th century.
In a new video shred by IMDb, Gowariker has given his commentary to the film’s trailer, which was released earlier the month. Through the video, he talks why he picked up this story, the process he went through and the choice of actors for the film. He says that Sanjay Dutt, Arjun Kapoor and Kriti Sanon were always his first choices as Ahmad Shah Abdali, Sadashiv Rao and Parvati Bai respectively.
“The special thing is that for all three characters, I knew it from the scripting stage itself that I wanted only Sanjay Dutt as Abdali, Arjun and Kriti,” he says in the video. He also talked about the support his actors gave to the film. “Arjun stayed bald for six months and all that contributed towards the authenticity of the film,” he added.
Arjun recently talked about how Gowariker has portrayed a very important chapter of Indian history in the most glorious way possible through the film. Kriti also praised the director. “This is my first-period drama, playing a character that is lived in history for the very first time is very special and working with Ashutosh Gowariker is also a big thing for me,” she said.
Gowariker explained how it is a big task to make a film on a historical subject. “When you choose a historical movie, the responsibility begins from the writing of the script. My approach is to make sure that the movie should be authentic and realistic. The audience should have the feeling that this is how it must have happened,” he said.
War drama Panipat also features Padmini Kolhapure, Mohnish Bahl, Kunal Kapoor, and Zeenat Aman. It is slated to hit the screen on December 6.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.