Punjab public works minister Harbhajan Singh ETO on Sunday dismissed Union minister Ravneet Singh Bittu’s claims of delay is issuing of a no-objection certificate (NOC) for a railway over-bridge at the Doraha-Sahnewal main line and said the document was issued in November last year.

Bittu on Saturday accused the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government of delaying the construction of a crucial railway overbridge.
Bittu claimed that the over-bridge was to be built by the railways at an outlay of ₹70.56 crore, but the state government withheld the NOC for the project.
Responding to the accusation, ETO said the NOC was issued on November 11, 2024.He said the over-bridge formed part of an agreement between concessionaire Atlanta Tollways and the state government. Though all other project components were completed, the over-bridge could not be done due to a change in the railways’ development plans, he claimed.