Devoleena Bhattacharjee: You don’t have to be a part of any groups or camps
Devoleena Bhattacharjee says capability and hard work takes an individual ahead. The actor, who’s track in an ongoing TV show recently got over, and is discussing her next, shares it’s wrong to believe that being part of certain groups gets one work.
“No doubt knowing people in the industry helps. You get to know about opportunities but what gets you work is your talent. Even these powerful people would work with you on the basis of your ability. There will be these groups and camps everywhere. It’s there in the television industry too. But you don’t have to be a part of them to function. So I don’t think being friends with the powerful or being part of certain groups gets you projects,” she says adding that destiny plays an important role too.
“If it’s in my destiny I’ll become the top in the game. But then we create our own destiny with our honest efforts. Having a certain number of social media followers also doesn’t help much in the long run. If you don’t have it or if you aren’t ready to hone it, you don’t go anywhere. I’m not trying to put anyone down, I’m just saying what I believe in. TV is one medium that offers equal opportunities to all,” she explains.
Content with how her decade-long TV journey has been through amid ups and downs, Bhattacharjee,35, shares that rejections have made her stronger.
“It’s never easy and it shouldn’t be easy or else we won’t value what we get. Your journey defines you. TV gave me recognition and respect. At this point, I’ll not settle for a role that doesn’t match up to the kind of work I’ve done. Living up to my art and expectations of my fans are also my responsibility,” she adds.
While she isn’t allowed to reveal much about the project she’s in talks for now, Bhattacharjee only say yes to a well-etched part, a good story backed by a good team.
“The one thing that I want to avoid is getting stereotyped. As an artiste I don’t want to restrict myself into doing only certain kind of characters. I want to surprise myself, do characters that I could never imagine I can pull off. My work should make me get up every morning and look forward to go to the sets,” she signs off.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Author tweets @Shreya_MJ
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Nakuul Mehta and Jankee Parekh welcomed their son earlier this month. The latter took to Instagram and shared her experience of embracing motherhood.
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.