PM security scare: Modi govt & Channi govt form separate probe panels | Details

Published on Jan 07, 2022 09:05 am IST

The Modi government on Thursday set up a three-member panel to investigate the security breach that stalled the Prime Minister Punjab trip. The committee announced by the Union Home Ministry, led by Amit Shah, will inquire into ‘serious lapses’ in security arrangements which exposed the VVIP to ‘grave risk’. The panel will be led by Sudhir Kumar Saxena, Secretary (Security) in the Cabinet Secretariat. Its other members are Intelligence Bureau joint director Balbir Singh and Special Protection Group IG S Suresh. Earlier in the day, the Punjab government announced its own two-member panel to investigate ‘lapses’. It has been asked to submit its report in three days. Watch the full video for more.

RELATED VIDEOS

Mojtaba’s $60,000 trap for US troops: Iran dangles double cash reward for…

8:55
Mojtaba’s $60,000 trap for US troops: Iran dangles double cash reward for…
Published on Aug 23, 2026 08:57 am IST

Russia isn’t UK’s only problem? Putin's enemy issues emergency manners…

8:26
Russia isn’t UK’s only problem? Putin's enemy issues emergency manners…
Published on Aug 23, 2026 08:20 am IST

Putin’s mystery island lab returns: is Russia rebuilding a secret bio-war…

9:1
Putin’s mystery island lab returns: is Russia rebuilding a secret bio-war…
Published on Aug 23, 2026 08:18 am IST

Putin rejects ‘outlandish’ ceasefire proposals, says Russian strikes are…

8:29
Putin rejects ‘outlandish’ ceasefire proposals, says Russian strikes are…
Published on Aug 23, 2026 08:04 am IST

Mojtaba's top three aides convene behind closed doors

8:14
Iran's three top state power centres have gathered for a mystery meeting in Tehran, raising questions over what could be unfolding behind closed doors.
Published on Aug 23, 2026 01:08 am IST
Hindustantimes wants to start sending you push notifications. Click allow to subscribe