Here’s all you need to know about sacked AAP minister Sandeep Kumar
Sandeep Kumar, who was sacked from the cabinet by Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday, was a giant killer in the 2015 assembly elections.delhi Updated: Sep 01, 2016 13:24 IST
Sandeep Kumar, who was sacked from the cabinet by Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday, was a giant killer in the 2015 assembly elections. He had defeated the five-time Congress legislator, Jai Kishan, from Sultanpur Majra in North Delhi by a margin of 64,439 votes. Here’s all you need to know about him.
1. A first-time legislator, 35-year-old Kumar was selected for the cabinet by chief minister Kejriwal as party’s Dalit face.He was the youngest minister in Kejriwal’s team and also handled the SC/ST and social welfare departments.
2. The first time he made headlines was on International Women’s Day on March 8 last year when he said he touched his wife’s feet daily to thank her for the“sacrifices” she had made for him.
3. He graduated from Delhi University in 2004 and completed law from Chaudhary Charan Singh University in Meerut in 2009.
4. In March this year, he allegedly forced a government school principal to put his wife’s name on an inaugural plaque at the building. Kumar was pulled up by the chief minister for the alleged impropriety.
5. Last year, during the DUSU elections, he allegedly disrupted classes and asked professors to leave the classroom as he had to campaign for AAP’s student wing - Chhatra Yuva Sangharsh Samiti.