Articles by Devarsi Ghosh
Titane movie review: Winner of the Palme d’Or at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival, the film stars Agathe Rouselle as a serial killing mechanophile.
Published on Jan 28, 2022 10:01 AM IST
- The second instalment of Unpaused looks at the Covid-19 pandemic’s effect on work and livelihood across social classes.
Published on Jan 21, 2022 10:48 AM IST
Bhoothakaalam movie review: Rahul Sadasivan’s Malayalam horror film, streaming on SonyLIV, stars Shane Nigam as a troubled young man and Revathy as his clinically depressed mother.
Published on Jan 21, 2022 07:17 AM IST
The Tragedy of Macbeth movie review: Joel Coen’s adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Macbeth, starring Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand, is a hyperstylised experiment by a master cinephile.
Published on Jan 14, 2022 11:38 AM IST
- Human review: The latest Disney+ Hotstar series, headlined by Shefali Shah and directed by Vipul Amrutlal Shah and Mozez Singh, aptly communicates the evils of unbridled capitalism.
Published on Jan 14, 2022 09:09 AM IST
- Ranjish Hi Sahi review: Amala Paul as the Babi stand-in Amna Parvez makes the series consistently watchable.
Published on Jan 13, 2022 10:10 AM IST
- What Do We See When We Look at the Sky movie review: Alexandre Koberidze’s contemplative but warm film with magic-realist touches is now streaming on Mubi.
Published on Jan 08, 2022 01:26 PM IST
Kaun Banegi Shikharwati review: It’s bewildering to see such a poorly developed screenplay get bankrolled and attract names like Lara Dutta Bhupathi and Soha Ali Khan.
Published on Jan 07, 2022 10:12 AM IST
The minutiae of oppressive structures, such as patriarchy, caste system, or institutionalised political corruption took centre stage in many of the best Indian films.
Published on Dec 31, 2021 07:06 AM IST
- Don’t Look Up movie review: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence's film is a hilarious and horrifying allegory of how humanity will always choose ignorance over the uncomfortable truth.
Updated on Dec 24, 2021 05:00 PM IST
- Minnal Murali movie review: Basil Joseph's latest film, starring Tovino Thomas in the lead, has finally cracked the superhero formula for India.
Published on Dec 24, 2021 07:12 AM IST
- Lana Wachowski's The Matrix Resurrections combines the ideas of the preceding trilogy and concludes that humans are better off not facing what's real.
Updated on Dec 24, 2021 02:56 PM IST
- The Whistleblower review: SonyLIV released a new series this Friday, based on the Vyapam scam but it could not come close to the streamer's another scam-inspired marvel.
Updated on Dec 17, 2021 08:01 PM IST
- West Side Story review: Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of the musical stars Ansel Elgort and Rachel Zegler as Tony and Maria.
Updated on Dec 11, 2021 01:40 PM IST
Qatil Haseenaon Ke Naam review: Meenu Gaur and Farjad Nabi's new Zindagi series is oozing with style, heartache and violence.
Updated on Dec 13, 2021 01:50 PM IST
- Azor, currently streaming on MUBI, follows a Swiss banker investigating his partner’s disappearance in Argentina during the Dirty War.
Updated on Dec 05, 2021 08:45 AM IST
- Bob Biswas movie review: Despite a strong supporting cast, Abhishek Bachchan's new thriller is just a good-enough watch.
Updated on Dec 03, 2021 02:54 PM IST
- The Power of the Dog movie review: Benedict Cumberbatch and Kirsten Dunst star in Jane Campion's first movie in 12 years.
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 07:17 PM IST
- House of Gucci movie review: Lady Gaga is electric in this Ridley Scott film about love, greed and murder.
Updated on Nov 27, 2021 03:18 PM IST
- Chhorii movie review: Nushrratt Bharuccha's Amazon Prime Video horror film pales in comparison to the Marathi original.
Updated on Nov 26, 2021 01:07 PM IST
- Cowboy Bebop is the latest anime to get the live action treatment by Hollywood. The product, as expected, has been disappointing.
Updated on Nov 22, 2021 10:40 AM IST
Dhamaka is not the first time that Bollywood has tried its hand at remaking a South Korean thriller. Sadly, it will also not be the last.
Published on Nov 20, 2021 07:20 AM IST