Articles by Shantanu Srivastava
- Debutant Shreyas Iyer shines with an unbeaten 75 but Ajinkya Rahane and Cheteshwar Pujara’s woes with the bat remain
Updated on Nov 25, 2021 10:14 PM IST
- The hosts wouldn’t mind a 2016 encore when a win in Kanpur v NZ sparked a winning spree.
Published on Nov 24, 2021 06:53 PM IST
As India embark on a fresh home series in the new World Test Championship cycle, Cheteshwar Pujara's 'intent', not for the first time in his career, is likely to be watched closely.
Updated on Nov 23, 2021 05:02 PM IST
- Newly-crowned national champion in 57kg division, Aman Sehrawat, opens up on his life, dreams, and the prospect of beating Olympic silver medallist Ravi Dahiya
Published on Nov 20, 2021 09:24 PM IST
It is easy to trip into the trope of Kiwis being the nice guys who punch above their weight. Sure, they are earnest triers, but they also happen to be ridiculously good at their craft, and no one epitomises this high-quality outfit more than Kane Williamson.
Published on Nov 15, 2021 10:18 PM IST
In a competition which did not feature India's Olympians, new faces took the spotlight even as some old ones staged long-awaited comebacks
Published on Nov 14, 2021 10:22 PM IST
- Pritam won his first national title in a weight division that was dominated by double Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar and also drew attention due to controversies
Published on Nov 13, 2021 08:39 PM IST
Returning to the mat after 2018 post a maternity break, 2010 CWG gold medallist wrestler Geeta Phogat loses to Sarita Mor in the in the 59kg final of national wrestling
Published on Nov 12, 2021 11:30 PM IST
- India’s new white ball captain has a reputation of persisting with players.
Updated on Nov 11, 2021 05:23 PM IST
Tarak Sinha's tireless work ethic is as legendary as his knack to recognise special talent. In his younger years, Sinha, then employed as a clerk in Delhi's PGDAV College, would wrap up work by 2pm and begin his daily talent hunt across the city, visiting every nook and bylane he could.
Published on Nov 07, 2021 08:08 AM IST
After a bunch of medals in the national championships, Srihari Nataraj is looking forward to fun in Abu Dhabi next month
Updated on Nov 06, 2021 01:43 PM IST
- The rifle shooter didn't qualify for the final at the Olympics where India failed to win a shooting medal for the second Games in a row; Moudgil’s coach Deepali Deshpande talks about what went wrong for the nation’s talented bunch.
Updated on Nov 02, 2021 10:28 PM IST
- Constant shuffling of India’s opening pair has hurt them as the numbers, and the result in the defeats against Pakistan and New Zealand in the T20 World Cup, show.
Published on Nov 01, 2021 07:51 PM IST
- The ‘Indian Tigress’ is two wins away from being an MMA world champion.
Updated on Nov 01, 2021 05:21 PM IST
- New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson’s run out in the 14th over and another superb bowling show see Babar Azam’s side close in on a semifinal spot.
Updated on Oct 26, 2021 11:41 PM IST
The contrast between countries on that clean, courteous continent and our own homeland could inspire a rant that lasts a lifetime
Updated on Feb 18, 2017 05:41 PM IST
Saina Nehwal lost her opening round encounter to Thailand’s Porntip Buranaprasertuk in China, but reached the quarterfinals of her next two events- Hong Kong Super Series and Macau Open Grand Prix Gold.
Published on Dec 18, 2016 10:45 PM IST
The persona of Boris Becker, the man who once won the Wimbledon at the age of 17, still shines through. His carefree swagger, as he walked into a lifestyle store in south Delhi, was a throwback to his big-serving days.
Updated on Dec 16, 2016 11:31 PM IST
A fast-improving off spinner, Jayant Yadav showed he is no pushover with the bat, scoring runs in both innings in Vizag. His 42-run tenth-wicket stand with Mohammed Shami ensured India’s lead went past 400.
Updated on Nov 22, 2016 09:27 PM IST
HIndustan Times | Shantanu Srivastava, New Delhi
R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja and Amit Mishra failed to impress on a good pitch with three England batsmen scoring centuries in a Test innings in India for the first time since 1960-61.
Updated on Nov 10, 2016 11:17 PM IST
Hindustan Times | Shantanu Srivastava
Perhaps for the first time in Ranji Trophy’s 82-year history, the day’s play in two cricket matches were called off on Saturday due to low visibility caused by high levels of pollution
Updated on Nov 06, 2016 01:52 AM IST
Deepak Hooda continued his magnificent run in the 2016/17 Ranji Trophy as he smashed a magnificent 293 against Punjab.
Updated on Oct 28, 2016 11:30 PM IST
Published on Sep 16, 2016 12:42 PM IST
The ‘traditionalist’ in Gambhir wants to play the five-day game in its purest form.
Updated on Sep 15, 2016 09:12 PM IST
Published on Sep 15, 2016 06:16 AM IST
Agarwal has been a revelation in this Duleep Trophy. A tally of 420 runs at an average of 84 does augur well for the season.
Published on Sep 14, 2016 09:45 PM IST
Published on Sep 14, 2016 07:50 AM IST
With India expected to roll out turning tracks, the Kiwi batsmen will have their task cut out.
Updated on Sep 13, 2016 07:54 PM IST
Published on Sep 13, 2016 08:33 AM IST
A day after Sheldon Jackson and Cheteshwar Pujara created a mountain of runs, Jadeja celebrated his retention in the Test side by helping himself to his 21st five-wicket haul in first-class cricket.
Updated on Sep 12, 2016 11:05 PM IST