MP: Wardha dam develops cracks, alert sounded
Following heavy rainfall in Sheopur district since the last two days, the Parvati River in Vijaypur started overflowing and Wardha stop dam developed cracks on Saturday.
Alert in the villages’ downstream, people evacuated
The district administration has sounded an alert in the villages’ downstream and evacuated people.
Sub-divisional magistrate of Sheopur (Vijaypur) NR Gaur said following cracks on the walls of Wardha dam, water was flushed out after breaking a part of the waste weir wall.
He said an alert was sounded in nearby villages especially Benipura which has a population of about 2,500 people.
“No loss of human life or livestock has been reported from any area here till now,” he said.
Sources said Wardha dam supplies water to four villages including Benipura, Aaropa, Chhapar and Maidawali and water supply could be affected in the area for some time due to the damage.
“The situation started to normalise in the area after rains stopped on Sunday,” Gaur said adding that villagers had been asked to stay away from the downstream area.
Two boys drown in Gwalior
In Gwalior’s Hastinapura area, two teenagers drowned in a flooded ditch in which they had gone for swimming. The teenagers were identified as 12-year-old Golu jatav and 14-year-old Yogesh.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The man was arrested in 2018 for raping a minor girl. In 2019, the court granted him interim bail.
- Retired IAS M Gopal Reddy comes under the scanner again.
- Geeta went missing 20 years ago and reached Lahore, where she was found sitting alone in Samjhauta express in the year 2000.
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- A decision to this effect was taken after BJP MLA from Mandsaur, Yashpal Singh Sisodia, raised the issue in the state legislative assembly.
- The family members of the accused said the girls knew Sohail for several years and they had gone to Khargone to celebrate Sohail’s birthday