Masaba Gupta writes a heartfelt post before Sonam Kapoor’s wedding with Anand Ahuja
Gen-next designer Masaba Gupta, a dear friend of bride-to-be Sonam Kapoor, says the actor’s ability to stick up for people who matter is magical. Masaba on Monday morning posted a black and white photograph of Sonam from her own wedding four years ago. “You will be married tomorrow and I just want to say that in the last 18 years that I’ve known you, you have been the most compassionate woman I’ve known. Your ability to stick up for people who matter and always shower love and warmth on those you love...Even from afar is magical,” Masaba, wrote alongside the image.
“I don’t think I will ever forget 2009, when I started my label and you called me at 7 a.m. just to say you will be there when I asked you to come in support and we hadn’t even spoken for years,” she added.
The designer, 29, added that Bollywood can change people, but the Aisha star has chosen to be who she wants to be. “The industry you are in can turn even the best of people, but you have shown to those who know you that you can be exactly who you want to be, hold your ground and still do great work,” Masaba added.
She said the Neerja actor has made everyone an integral part of her wedding celebrations with long-time beau Anand Ahuja. “Thank you for being my lucky charm and showing us that kindness is the only thing that makes a woman beautiful and being emotional is hardly ever a bad thing,” Masaba added.
Sonam’s wedding revelry commenced on Sunday with a mehendi ceremony, which was attended by celebrities like Karan Johar, Rani Mukerji, Jacqueline Fernandez, Siddhanth Kapoor and Varun Dhawan.
The Prem Ratan Dhan Payo actor will be tying the knot with Anand on Tuesday.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.