My Sui Dhaaga character inspired by Suppandi, says Varun Dhawan
Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan has said his character Mauji in the film Sui Dhaaga is inspired from comic character Suppandi. The film stars Anushka Sharma opposite Varun who also plays a tailor in the film.
Varun essays a tailor and an office peon in the film.
On the books he likes to read, Varun said: “I read a lot of biographies... I’ve read one on Dev Anand. I love reading Suppandi. I used to read that a lot during my childhood. Even the characters I do, like right now I am playing this character of a tailor Mauji in Sui Dhaaga...there is more to him than just being a tailor as he is a peon in a shop as well. Mauji is very inspired by Suppandi.”
The actor spoke about it as he unveiled the cover of Amish’s latest book Suheldev and The Battle of Bahraich on Monday. The book, assisted by Vikas Singh, is the first with which Amish has introduced Writer’s Center in India. It will be published under Amish’s brand new series titled “Indic Chronicles”.
Varun said Shashank Khaitan, director of his next film Rannbhoomi, is a fan of Amish’s works. However, he said they will not steal his ideas, and will take permission if required.
(‘This story has not been modified from its original version’)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.