Radhika Apte wants to take a break from films, says she’s ‘taking it easy’
Actor Radhika Apte, who had close to five releases both in Bollywood and regional, in the last year, says she wants to take a break. “I’m taking it easy. It’s part of my job. Sometimes, you need to take a break to read or travel and get inspiration to recharge your batteries. It’s part of the process,” says Radhika, who was seen in films, such as, Parched, Phobia and the Tamil film Kabali.
The actor, who made her debut with the film Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi! (2005) in Bollywood, says that over the years, the kind of roles being offered to her, have changed. “Nowadays, a variety of characters are being offered to me. This, however (the kind of roles offered) keeps changing with the body of work that I do,” says Radhika, who will be seen alongside actor Akshay Kumar in Padman.
Even after completing 12 years in the industry and facing the camera, Radhika says that she still gets tensed at the first day of her shoot. “Of course, I get nervous. And I’ll get nervous even at the age of 60. Portraying a new character, each time, is a difficult job and to perform well, one needs to question oneself,” says Radhika.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.