Salim Khan on celebrating Eid without son Salman Khan: ‘I spoke with him on the phone and we exchanged wishes’
Eid is the most special time of the year for Salman Khan as he feasts with his family, greets his fans outside his Galaxy apartments residence and releases a new film on the occasion. However, this time the actor couldn’t be home as he is isolating at his farmhouse in Panvel. Father Salim Khan, who is staying at their Bandra home during the lockdown, revealed that Eid this year was just a regular day for them and there were no special delicacies prepared to mark the festival.
On being asked about how they were celebrating Eid in Salman’s absence, Salim told The Times of India in an interview, “He has been spending a lot of time there. I just spoke with him today on the phone and we exchanged wishes. We are always in touch with each other through our regular phone calls.” On being asked if a special dish was being prepared to celebrate Eid, he said, “Bilkul nahi, buss regular khaana hi bann raha hai (Not at all, only regular food is being made).”
Salim has been going on his regular morning walks each day during lockdown and kept up with the routine on Eid as well.
Meanwhile, Salman did keep his promise of delivering a new project on Eid. While he couldn’t release his scheduled film Radhe Your Most Wanted Bhai due to the lockdown, he treated his fans with a new song. titled Bhai Bhai, on the special occasion.
The Sultan star released the song on Eid and wrote in a tweet, “Maine aap subb ke liye kuch banaya hai, dekh ke batana kaisa laga... Aap subb ko eid mubarakh ... #BhaiBhai.” He further wrote: “A special gift for all of you on this auspicious occasion of Eid. Listen to Bhai Bhai and spread the brotherhood. Eid Mubarak to everyone!”
Bhai Bhai celebrates the spirit of brotherhood and unity and has been shot with minimal crew and resources at Salman’s farmhouse in Panvel. The three-minute-fifty-four second song communicates a significant message and evokes the right emotions of love and compassion in between people belonging to different religions. The song spreads the message of brotherhood and unity. This is the third song that Salman has released amid the lockdown, after Pyar Karona and Tere Bina and has been crooned by him.
(With ANI inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A picture of Ajay Devgn on the set of Alia Bhatt's Gangubai Kathiawadi was shared online. Also in the picture is director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Neena Gupta plays an old woman and Arjun Kapoor is her grandson in the Kaashivie Nair film Sardar Ka Grandson that premiers on Netflix soon.
- Neena Gupta has said she did not want Masaba to go to Goa with friends. The senior actor also went to Goa and stayed separately, only to receive a call from her daughter as she cried.
- Disha Patani is in awe of rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's dancing abilities. Sister Krishna Shroff agrees too. See here.
- Raveena Tandon took to her Instagram to show off daughter Rasha Thadani's achievement, as she teenager earned her blackbelt in Taekwondo. See her post here.
- Speaking at a comedy show, Farah Khan says her friends often 'put her to work' as soon as she enters parties, asking her to render a few dance steps.
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.