Shah Rukh Khan just revealed a big Dear Zindagi spoiler: His role is a cameo
Shah Rukh Khan hopes his stardom doesn’t’ come in the way of the success of his upcoming film Dear Zindagi, in which Alia Bhatt plays the lead role and he has an extended cameo.
“Because this film has been done so wonderfully by both Gauri (director) and Alia. I hope I don’t let them down. I hope me and my stardom don’t let it down. I have a role which is very important and so are all the others characters,” he said.
The 51-year-old actor said he has always tried to do different things in his career and this film is one step in that direction.
“I haven’t been able to assure that a star vehicle of mine will make people come and watch it. I do hear noises and voices sometimes about my decision to do films. I hear that I should be part of other stuff and not just star vehicles. I have done all that in my career but I want to do more and this is one step in that direction,” Shah Rukh said.
According to the Fan star, he has never played such a role in his over 25-year career and is glad that director Gauri Shinde decided to cast him in the movie.
“I am a support in the film, more like an extended cameo. I am very glad to be in this film. I have never played such a role in my entire career. In the film, many questions about life have been asked which we normally don’t face- about ups and downs of life.”
Shinde, who has previously directed acclaimed film English Vinglish, said she only imagined SRK in the role of Dr Jahangir Khan and could not have cast anyone else.
“It had to be him. I haven’t thought of anybody else. While writing I pictured him,” she said.
Talking about her role, Alia said this is the most relatable character she has ever played.
“I relate to Kyra more than any character I have related to. I think a lot of young people will relate to. She has a lot of insecurities that she has to go through. She is moody so am I. I am not as impulsive as her. I am a little less but I related a lot to the way she thinks.”
Dear Zindagi is produced by Gauri Khan, Karan Johar and Shinde under the banners of Red Chillies Entertainment, Dharma Productions and Hope Productions respectively.
It also stars Ira Dubey, Kunal Kapoor, Ali Zafar and Angad Bedi.
Shah Rukh said the beauty of Dear Zindagi is that it has been made by confident women.
“We live in a man’s world and we talk about feminism and women empowerment. The beauty of this film is that the it has been made by confident women.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sonam Kapoor has shared several throwback pictures with sister Rhea Kapoor while wishing her on her birthday on Friday.
- Ananya Panday on Thursday shared a picture with her team mates from Liger as they all went for dinner together. See her picture here. Liger stars Ananya and Vijay Deverakonda in the lead.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram to wish her brother Ibrahim Ali Khan on his birthday on Friday. See his specially designed football-shaped cake.
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.