Sona Mohapatra on why she didn’t address ‘haramkhor ladki’ comment against Kangana Ranaut: ‘She doesn’t need my pity’
Singer Sona Mohapatra has replied to a woman who asked her why she didn’t address Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut’s comment on Kangana Ranaut, calling her ‘haramkhor ladki’. The singer, who expresses her thoughts often on social media, said Kangana was a ‘self-made, smart and very capable’ woman who didn’t need her pity.
A woman wrote on Twitter, “Madam you have problem to compare a girl with Dawood but you are ok when a girl called #haramkhor in the state where you are living!! Do you have guts to reply them back??” Sona replied that she had ‘a problem with anyone calling anyone such names’. She added, “So don’t give me such bull shit, you lot of righteous & overnight crusaders of justice. This is not a man-woman thing either. The girl in question is self-made, smart & very capable. Doesn’t need my pity.”
She went on to add, “I’ve never had ANYONE from the industry speak up, support me all through the worst phases of being threatened, bullied, intimidated when I’d called out Salman Khan or Anu Malik Kangana Ranaut didn’t either. (Maybe will if I die?)Has never stopped me from speaking up. So STFU trolls.”
Kangana has been criticising Bollywood, the Mumbai Police and the Congress-Shiv Sena-NCP government in Maharashtra after the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Sanjay Raut has written in Shiv Sena’s mouthpiece Saamna, “We kindly request her not to come to Mumbai. This is nothing but an insult to Mumbai Police. The Home Ministry should take action over it.”
To this, Kangana responded, “Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena leader, has given me an open threat and asked me not to come back to Mumbai, after Aazadi graffitis in Mumbai streets and now open threats, why Mumbai is feeling like Pakistan occupied Kashmir?” A back-and-forth ensued between the actor and the politician.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.
- Kajol revealed why she found herself 'attractive' and even 'sexy', but never 'beautiful'. It took her many years to associate that adjective with herself.