“It’s a myth that fashionable clothes work only on skinny people,” celebrity stylist Anaita Shroff Adajania shoots straight
Anaita wishes everyone threw boring black trousers out of their closetsbrunch Updated: Jul 29, 2017 22:39 IST
- Date of birth: February 25
- Place of birth: Mumbai
- Sun sign: Pisces
- School/College: The Bombay International School, Mumbai/St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Debut/first break: Being appointed the fashion editor of Elle magazine
- High point of your life: Becoming self-sufficient at the age of 22
- Low point of your life: Losing someone I loved — my friend and sister-in-law
If not a stylist and designer, you would have been...?
Wonder Woman! I wouldn’t mind that.
What’s the one stereotype about fashion that annoys you the most?
That it’s all about fun and partying.
What’s the one piece of clothing you wish everyone threw out of their closets?
Boring black trousers.
A customised cocktail for you would contain...?
No calories, great taste and a good buzz. Vodka passion fruit, please!
If you had to pick one international celebrity to style, who would it be and why?
It changes every month. At this point, it is Emma Stone.
One style myth that you’d like to bust...?
That clothes only work on skinny people.
High-street shopping or designer boutiques?
Always mix it up!
One thing we’ll always find on your bedside table...?
A hammer for my alarm.
The title of your biography would read...?
Multitasking My Way
- Film/ TV Series:Game of Thrones
- Music: Live duets
- Cuisine: French
- City: New York City
- Holiday destination: A remote island with no network
Follow @BeingFeline on Twitter
From HT Brunch, July 30, 2017
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch
First Published: Jul 29, 2017 22:39 IST