The Uttar Pradesh government is likely to take a final call on the future of the long-delayed Ansal API township in Sushant Golf City after the Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) submitted its report on alleged irregularities in the project.

The proposal and the committee’s findings will now likely be placed before the UP Cabinet, following which the government is expected to decide whether the LDA should take over the project or initiate further action.
Senior LDA officials said on Saturday that the authority completed the process at its level and submitted the report and related proposals to the state government last month.
“The proposals and the report will be placed before the state cabinet for final approval. Further action in the matter can be taken only after the cabinet takes a decision,” a senior LDA official said.
The development comes as thousands of homebuyers, allottees and landowners await clarity over the township’s future. The Ansal API project spans 31 villages and has faced allegations of unauthorised sale of mortgaged land, illegal sale of plots, forged registries, incomplete development works and inadequate civic infrastructure.
Cabinet decision now key
{{/usCountry}}Cabinet decision now key
{{/usCountry}}Earlier, on July 11, HT reported that the state government-appointed committee had submitted its final report after investigating the allegations against Ansal API. The report paved the way for the state government to decide on the project’s future and the possibility of an LDA takeover.
According to LDA officials, the committee conducted field inspections and scrutinised land and development records. It also consulted the district administration, LDA, Lucknow Municipal Corporation and other departments before finalising its recommendations.
The issue gained further political momentum on Friday when Sarojini Nagar MLA Rajeshwar Singh posted on his social media handle (X) that he raised the concerns of homebuyers, allottees and landowners with chief minister Yogi Adityanath. He sought LDA intervention before the National Company Law Tribunal to take control of the project, complete pending development works and ensure proper utilisation of the mortgaged land.
Singh also sought integrated development and handover of the township in line with existing development agreements and the UP High-Tech Township Policy.
₹4,500 crore claim, 411-acre land at centre of dispute
The LDA lodged an FIR against Ansal API in March 2025 over alleged land fraud, following which several homebuyers also approached police with complaints of fraud, forged registries and non-delivery of possession.
The authority subsequently filed a claim of around ₹4,500 crore before the NCLT, seeking recovery of acquisition charges, map approval fees and other statutory dues. The LDA also alleged that Ansal API illegally sold around 411 acres of land mortgaged to the authority as a performance guarantee under the High-Tech Township Policy.
Singh has additionally sought an increase in the power load from 10 MVA to 23 MVA for more than 10,000 families in Sushant Golf City and waiver of outstanding electricity dues of ₹8.28 crore.
With the committee report now before the government, the Cabinet decision will determine whether the LDA moves ahead with a takeover and rehabilitation of the township or whether the state directs another course of action.