IPL 2018 play-off scenarios: Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians stay alive
Mumbai Indians’ three-run win over Kings XI Punjab has deepened the conundrum in the race for the IPL 2018 play-off race. RCB’s win over SRH has also kept them alive. (IPL 2018 FULL COVERAGE)
Here are the scenarios for Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab as the league stages come to an end.
Royal Challengers Bangalore
P-13,W-6,L-7, Points: 12
If RCB win: Their final game against Rajasthan Royals is a must-win. For Virat Kohli’s side to seal a play-off spot, they will hope Mumbai Indians lose to Delhi Daredevils and Kolkata Knight Riders lose to Sunrisers Hyderabad. An added bonus will be if Chennai Super Kings beat Kings XI Punjab.
If RCB lose: They will be eliminated.
P-13,W-6, L-7, Points: 12
If MI win: If they beat Delhi Daredevils, they must hope that Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Kolkata Knight Riders.
If MI lose: They will be eliminated.
Kolkata Knight Riders
P-13, W-7,L-6, Points: 14
If KKR win: Victory against table-toppers Sunrisers Hyderabad will seal their passage to the play-offs. They can finish second if Chennai Super Kings lose against Delhi Daredevils and Kings XI Punjab by a big margin.
If KKR lose: They have to hope they do not lose by a big margin and Rajasthan Royals beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by a small margin. Their path will be made easier if Delhi Daredevils beat Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings beat Kings XI Punjab.
P-13, W-6, L-7, Points: 12
If RR win: A victory against RCB will not guarantee them a play-off spot. Delhi Daredevils and Chennai Super Kings can do RR a big favor with wins over Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab in their last game.
If RR lose: They will be eliminated.
Kings XI Punjab
P-13,W-6,L-7, Points: 12
If KXIP win: They will have to beat CSK by a big margin and hope Delhi Daredevils beat Mumbai Indians. Their path will be made easier if Kolkata Knight Riders lose to Sunrisers Hyderabad.
If KXIP lose: They will be eliminated.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- This was Mumbai's fourth successive win, having earlier defeated Delhi, Maharashtra and Puducherry.
- Mankad, 26, plundered six sixes and 16 fours in his knock from 130 balls to propel Saurashtra to a massive 388 for 7.
- India vs England: As far as India’s performance goes, Gough sees a lot of the mighty Australia that dominated cricket in the late 90s and 2000s in the current Indian team and its thought process.
- India vs England: Harbhajan Singh did not hold back his praise for the India bowler and his contribution towards the Indian team over the years.
- Akmal was initially banned for three years from all cricket activities on February 20 last year for not reporting approaches made to him for spot-fixing in the Pakistan Super League.
- Indian spinners combined to pick up 19 wickets against England in the third Test in Ahmedabad.