Bachchan starrer selected for Toronto Film Festival
Amitabh Bachchan-starrer movie The Last Lear, directed by internationally acclaimed Rituparno Ghosh, is to be premiered at the prestigious Toronto International Festival in September.
The film, also starring Preity Zinta, Arjun Rampal and Shefali Shah, has been selected to be premiered at the Gala Premiere function of the festival on September 9, a release from the producers Planman Media said in Mumbai on Thursday.
Bachchan, who plays an actor for the first time in the film, and other members of the cast and crew are expected to attend the premiere, the release said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Prince Harry has defended criticisms against Netflix's The Crown, and has also revealed whom he'd like to see portray him on the show, based on his family.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- WandaVision dropped its eighth episode and it has left Marvel Cinematic Universe fans emotional. Here's how they have reacted.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.