After Kangana Ranaut's barb against Alia-Deepika, Swara Bhaskar shares her 'item number' from Rajjo
- Swara Bhasker took to Twitter on Monday to share a song from the film Rajjo, starring Kangana Ranaut. Swara shared it in response to Kangana's recent attack against Alia Bhatt and Deepika Padukone for appearing in dance numbers.
Actor Kangana Ranaut last week took names of Alia Bhatt, Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone in a tweet when she was attacked by MLA Sukhdev Panse who called her 'nachne gaane waali' (one who dances and sings). Kangana said that she is 'no Deepika Katrina or Alia' and has refused to do item songs in movies. She even called herself a 'Rajput woman I don’t shake a**'.
Swara Bhasker took to Twitter on Monday and shared a video from Kangana's 2013 film, Rajjo. "Loved your dancing in this ‘item number’ in the film Rajjo.. you are a great performer and great dancer Kangana.. looking forward to your next," Swara wrote in her tweet. In the song titled Julmi Re Julmi, Kangana is seen dancing for the entertainment of a few men. She played a dancer in the film.
Earlier on Sunday, Swara had said that while the MLA was indeed in the wrong, Kangana made the situation worse with her response by belittling others such as Alia and Deepika. Swara wrote: "Sukhdev Panse said a stupid, sexist and totally condemnable thing.. Kangana.. you made it worse!"
She had retweeted Kangana's response to Sukhdev, in which the actor had written: "Whoever this fool is does he know I am no Deepika Katrina or Alia.... I am the only one who refused to do item numbers, refused to do big hero ( Khan /Kumar) films which made entire Bullywoodiya gang men +women against me. I am a Rajput woman I don’t shake a** I break bones."
On Friday, Multai MLA Sukhdev had dubbed Kangana as 'nachne gaane waali'. He had said: "We have the right to protest peacefully in a democracy. A 'nachne gaane waali' woman like Kangana has hurt our farmers. Congress is protesting that and police lathicharged on them. Police should not become a puppet. Governments come and go." Sukhdev has been a former minister of the state. Kangana is a firm supporter of PM Modi's farm laws. A large of farmers from Punjab and Haryana are against the law and want it repealed. Kangana has had a Twitter spat with Punjabi singer and actor Diljit Dosanjh, who had stood with the farmers.
Kangana and Swara rarely have common meeting ground. While they may have been on different sides of a political divide, they clashed in a big way when Kangana dubbed her and Taapsee Pannu as 'B-grade actresses'. In an interview to Republic at the height of debate around late Sushant Singh Rajput's death, Kangana has said: “What I want to convey through this interview is... for me, I have only to lose here... because I know tomorrow they will get some 20 needy outsiders like Taapsee Pannu or Swara Bhasker who will get up and say, ‘Oh! Only Kangana has problems with nepotism. We love Karan Johar’. If you love Karan Johar, why are you both B-grade actresses? You are both better looking than Alia Bhatt and Ananya (Panday). You both are better actresses. Why don’t you get work? Your whole existence is proof of nepotism. What are you telling me about how happy you are with the industry?”
In response, Swara had said: "In my head, B stands for best. So I am like call me whatever you like. Sometimes what people say reflects more about their mentality than people that they are talking about. And I think that’s what happened with the outsiders and the being B grade actors debate, it’s really just sad. I think people were revealing their own mentality rather than saying anything about me, Taapsee or anyone."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.