I called Aishwarya plastic to win Koffee with Karan hamper: Emraan
Known to be unapologetically up-front, Emraan Hashmi shocked a few people when he called actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan “plastic” on Koffee with Karan earlier this year.
Now, however, Hashmi says that he made the comment in jest, just to win the coveted hamper on the show. “I didn’t mean it. I’m a big fan of Aishwarya. It’s the format of the show. I cannot not say things and not win the hamper,” says the 35-year-old actor, laughing. He adds, “I love her. I have always been a great admirer of her work.”
Admitting that he made the remark about the ex-Miss World and award-winning actor purely to live up to the spirit of the show, and knowing that his comment would create a stir, the Murder (2004) and The Dirty Picture (2011) actor says, “I knew people would make big deal out of it… so what, people make a big deal out of nonsense all the time!”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.