I have a weird otter face: Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch
Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch feels that he has a 'weird face' which has become a blessing for him.
The 37-year-old actor said his face has influenced his career trajectory, reported Digital Spy. "(There is a) blessing of having a weird face, somewhere between an otter and something people find vaguely attractive. Or just an otter which is vaguely attractive," he said.
Cumberbatch said that he thought it was the programmes he was in that made people think of him as attractive.
"In all seriousness, I grew up with this face and it's been in the industry for 10 years and now it's getting on these 'Hottie' lists. It doesn't make any sense because I was nowhere near the thousandth hottest face when I started out. So, I know a lot of it's projection, which is flattering about the work."
The Sherlock star also said he was not very fond of social networking sites as they may become too important in his life. "It would take over my life and probably ruin it," he said.
The actor was initially overwhelmed to see the audience's reaction to his performance on Sherlock.
"It was very overwhelming in a distanced kind of way. I was really aware of this immediate response. I was amazed how vocal it was. This tweeting and blogging came alive. That is very rare, a live experience with a TV audience. It was a new experience for me," he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Raya and the Last Dragon movie review: Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina put their own twist on the Mulan-Mushu dynamic in Disney's latest animated adventure.
- Chris Evans shared a video montage of his friend visiting the sets of Captain America: The First Avenger and reacting to his scenes.