DIY tips to fix your party make-up: Go red, go gold this Christmas
Tis the season to stress. But by stocking up on our simple make-up tips, you'll look party-pretty in no time. So, this Christmas, take our advice and colour your lips festive red and eyes glitzy gold.fashion and trends Updated: Dec 22, 2014 15:34 IST
Tis the season to stress. But by stocking up on our simple make-up tips, you'll look party-pretty in no time. So, this Christmas, take our advice and colour your lips festive red and eyes glitzy gold.
Made In Chelsea star Binky Felstead shares how to get Christmas party look, reports dailymail.co.uk.
1 The base
* For this look you want a fresh, dewy base as the overall finish is glamorous. I used Clarins True Radiance Foundation, which you can apply with a brush or with your fingers.
* I also applied a bit of BareMinerals Correcting Concealer under my eyes for a little extra coverage. It's easy to get a little tired during party season, which can lead to the odd blemish. This concealer gives full coverage without ever looking thick or caked.
* Now set everything in place with a dusting of translucent powder. I used DiorSkin Matte and Luminous Hydrating Loose Powder, which is lightweight and has tiny just a hint of shimmer to create a really glowing complexion.
2 The eyes
* Start by taking BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow Palette in The Soundtrack and sweeping the champagne shade all over your lids to act as a base colour.
* Blend BareMinerals High Shine Eye Colour in Glisten all over your eyelids. It's richly pigmented, so a little goes a long way.
* A fine black eye liner goes beautifully with glitzy eye make-up like this and really makes the colour pop. I lined my upper lash line with the DHC Liquid Eyeliner, gently stretching my eyelid and applying the pen as close to my lash line as possible.
* No party look is complete without mascara. I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara on my top and bottom lashes, wiggling the brush all the way up from the root to spearhead lashes and avoid clumping.
* Finally, fill in your brows with Clarins' Brow Palette.
3 The cheeks
* To go with the dewy base, I recommend a cream bronzer to achieve a fresh-faced finish. I used Body Bling Bronzing Cream, which gives a gorgeous shimmering sunkissed finish and is easy to apply - just dab it under your cheekbones and blend in your fingers.
* Next, I added a touch of Body Bling Highlighting Cream along the tops of my cheekbones, giving them a glistening sheen.
4 The lips
* Red lips are a party classic. I used Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick in ruby.
* For long-lasting, apply a coat straight from the tube then blot with tissue before applying a second layer.
First Published: Dec 22, 2014 15:25 IST