Hair, skincare and beauty tips for the summer bride
Getting married in summer may not seem as romantic as a winter wedding, but there are many advantages to getting married in this season. Think great hair for your D-day. But still, every bride needs her A-team to keep her looking glam + awesome on her wedding day. So, we’ve got Donald Simrock, Lakmé makeup and skin Expert, Heena Dalvi, national creative director- Hair, Lakmé Salon and Rashmi Shetty, Pond’s skincare expert come to every to-be brides’ rescue with their ingenious yet simple hacks.
* Beauty tips from Donald Simrock
* Brides can sport a nude look by glamming it up. Keep your face clean and dewy using a light hydrating mousse foundation and highlighter, and add some vibrant colours to your eyes using an eye shadow palette and lips using an argan oil enriched lip colour.
* Bold and beautiful brides can go for professional techniques like colour blocking to give their eye a pop of colour using a vibrant eyeshadow palette and flaunt an edgy bridal look.
* Summers can be harsh on your skin and last-minute breakouts, darkening and dullness can stress out any bride. The best solution is to use a natural ingredient like aloe aqua gel before applying any skin or makeup product. This not only soothes your skin giving it a cooling effect, but also acts like a primer to even out the surface.
* Outdoor functions in colourful décor are dream-come-true for all brides. However, make sure to give your skin the necessary amounts of SPF to protect it from harmful sun rays. Opt for a light matte sun gel or a matte sun lotion.
* Haircare tips from Heena Dalvi
* Turn heads by using simple embellishments or even flowers as hair accessories that will flaunt your feminine beauty. Add a classic and gracefully styled bouffant with loose curls to enhance the effect.
* The best way to escape the heat is to opt for delicate braids done up with embellishments, especially for a mehendi function
* Be the quintessential bride you are by opting for a traditional yet easy hairstyle that will beat the summer heat. Turn to an easy low bun that will help you keep it simple and classic
* You can never go wrong with a stylish ponytail. Pin two bobby pins on you rubber band below your ponytail as it will give it an extra lift. This is perfect for a sangeet or a cocktail
Skincare tips from Rashmi Shetty:
* Summers call for a lot of stress for the skin specially the heat can take a toll over the health of the skin. During summers, excess exposure to sun can cause free-radical damage, excessive perspiration and skin gets sensitive. This can result in speeding up the ageing process.
* To keep under a check, one needs to get their skin care products right. Never step out without a sunscreen during the day time also apply an anti-oxidant serum underneath. make sure you undo the damage that has been done to the skin with your night cream.
* Use a good night cream with Retinol, AHA and vitamin B6, this will help your skin stay healthy, protect skin damage and maintain hydration levels.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor sets the mercury soaring as she makes a show-stopping entry at Roohi promotions in a neon strapless dress that was made of silk and came with a sweetheart neckline. We bet you are going to drop your jaws after knowing its whopping cost. Read on
- Gearing up to shoot for an episode of Dance Deewane Season 3, BTown OG Madhuri Dixit Nene slew bohemian look in a black crop top and palazzo teamed with an embroidered organza cape and we are smitten with these sultry pictures