Tamil Nadu college student Anukreethy Vas crowned Miss India 2018. See pics, watch videos
Anukreethy Vas, a 19-year-old college student from Tamil Nadu, beat 29 other contestants from across India to win Femina Miss India 2018 on Tuesday after impressing judges, including former VJ Malaika Arora and cricketer Irfan Pathan. She was crowned by Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar.
Meenakshi Chaudhary, 21, from Harayana was declared the first runner-up, while Andhra Pradesh’s Shreya Rao Kamavarapu , 23, became the second runner-up in the annual beauty pageant.
Watch the winning moments here:
Miss United Continents 2017 Sana Dua, and Miss Intercontinental 2017 Priyanka Kumari, crowned their respective successors.
Hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Ayushmann Kurrana, the glamourous ceremony held at Dome, NSCI SVP Stadium, Mumbai, saw performances by Bollywood stars, like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Jacqueline Fernandez.
The judges panel also included cricketer K L Rahul, fashion designer Gaurav Gupta and Bollywood actors Bobby Deol and Kunal Kapoor. Actor Neha Dhupia also attended the event.
Talking about Miss India 2018, Manushi had earlier said, “I think there is no set formula and there is no one path that can be taken to the crown as every one has their own way. Even when you look at past winners of Miss World, everyone was unique. So you can’t give a set example but all I can tell them is to learn as much as they can and be themselves...We do have a lot of expectations from India. It’s going to be a tough one for whosoever wins.”
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- After returning from the Maldives, Shilpa Shetty stepped out for lunch with her family at her restaurant and opted to wear a co-ord set that was comfy and chic at the same time.
- For a day outing, Rakul Preet opted to wear a beautiful lemon yellow mini dress with a crop denim jacket. The actor imparted summer vibes with her ensemble and we are inspired.
- Mouni Roy is the new millennial trendsetter and these pictures of her in cool and fast fashion of tie and dye loungewear are proof
- Malaika Arora recently took to Instagram to wish her fans a happy Sunday as the actor enjoyed a lazy day at home wearing a sports bra and sweat pants.
- Sonkashi Sinha lays perfect style tips to break all the fashion records on a work-day in a dainty pink suit set with bell-sleeves and gorgeous pastel colour-base that has left us hooked with its must-have appeal for our summer closet
- Want to raise the hotness quotient while looking effortlessly trendy? Search no further and take fashion cues from Radhika Madan whose fun and fearless style for Netflix series ‘Spotlight’ looks fresh as spring in an off-shoulder scarlet crop top, jeans and red heels
- For a promotional event of her recently released film, The Girl On The Train, Parineeti Chopra showed how to slay in an all-black attire and add extra oomph to it.
- Alia Bhatt and Mrunal Thakur were recently snapped wearing the same dress. The green coloured midi dress is a great pick for summer season. Who do you think wore it better?
- Kareena Kapoor has changed the face of maternity fashion. From figure-flaunting dresses to dreamy kurtas and kaftans, the actor was seen wearing everything while expecting her second son. One of her outfits that created a lot of buzz was a sea green kurta set that the actor wore during a shoot.
- Priyanka Chopra recently took to Twitter and showed fans her new silver-framed spectacles. However, it was her stunning green well-fitted shirt that garnered all the attention.