Every Marvel fan will weep at this viral Avengers 4 ending proposed by fan
A Marvel fan’s idea for how Avengers 4 should end has lit up the internet, and perhaps also resulted in a few tears. A tweet by one person, in which they suggested a possible post-credits scene for the upcoming Marvel movie, has accumulated almost 100,000 likes in a just a few days.
In the tweet, the fan proposed that Avengers 4 should end with Captain America arriving in the afterlife - yes, this idea requires Steve Rogers to die - where he enters an empty dance hall, only to find the love of his life, Peggy Carter, waiting for him. “You’re late,” she says.
The idea takes off from Steve’s tragic romance with Peggy. At the end of Captain America: The First Avenger, Steve sacrifices himself to save the lives of millions. He deliberately crashes a plane that’s carrying bombs, but all the while he’s talking to Peggy on the radio. “This is my choice,” he says, as he puts her picture on the dials in front of him and plunges the plane down. “I’m going to need a raincheck on that dance,” he says, and she sets a date, with tears in her eyes, knowing that he’d never make it.
Aside from a brief meeting in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and a nightmare scene in Avengers: Age of Ultron (which once again brought up the unrealised dance), Peggy and Steve next meet as she is on her deathbed in Captain America: Civil War, after which a new romantic plot between Steve and Peggy’s niece was introduced and quickly abandoned.
While nothing is confirmed yet, it has been rumoured that Steve Rogers, along with many others, will die at the end of Avengers 4, the film that will essentially wipe the slate clean for a fresh phase of Marvel films. It has also been rumoured that Hayley Atwell, who plays Peggy Carter in the MCU, filmed scenes for the fourth Avengers film when pictures of hers wearing motion capture dots on her face were shared online.
Chris Evans’ contract with Marvel is said to be ending after Avengers 4, after which the actor will likely hand over the baton to a younger bunch of actors. In Avengers 4, the surviving superheroes will attempt to correct the events of Avengers: Infinity War, and save the ‘dead’ Avengers.
The film will also feature the heroes’ final stand against the villainous Thanos, and according to multiple reports will have a plot that includes time travel and alternate dimensions. Infinity War became the first MCU movie to cross $2 billion at the global box office, and Marvel has just one film to go (Captain Marvel) before fans get to witness the conclusive events of Avengers 4 next May.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.