New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Apr 02, 2020-Thursday
-°C

Humidity
-

Wind
-

Select city

Metro cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata

Other cities - Noida, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Bhopal , Chandigarh , Dehradun, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi

ADVERTISEMENT
Home / Hollywood / Kevin Spacey accuser, Norwegian princess’ ex-husband Ari Behn dies at 47

Kevin Spacey accuser, Norwegian princess’ ex-husband Ari Behn dies at 47

Ari Behn, a writer who accused Kevin Spacey of groping him at 2007 Nobel Peace Prize concert, has committed suicide.

hollywood Updated: Dec 26, 2019 20:19 IST
Asian News International
Ari Behn was the ex-husband of Norwegian Princess Martha Louise.
Ari Behn was the ex-husband of Norwegian Princess Martha Louise.

American actor Kevin Spacey’s accuser Ari Behn, who was the ex-husband of Norwegian Princess Martha Louise, has committed suicide. According to Fox News, Ari Behn, a former member of Norway’s royal family who was one of Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault accusers, died by suicide, his manager said.

Geir Hakonsund in an e-mail to AFP said: “It is with great sadness in our hearts that I on behalf of the very closest relatives of Ari Behn must announce that he took his own life today.”

From 2002 to 2017, the popular Danish author married Princess Martha Louise of Norway. The couple shared three daughters. The Royal House of Norway said in a statement that, “Ari was an important part of our family for many years, and we carry warm and good memories of him with us,” reported Fox News.

Behn published his first book Sad as Hell in 1999. He wrote several novels and plays too. His last book Inferno came out last year that detailed his struggles with mental health issues.

Also read | Shahid Kapoor on Kabir Singh success: ‘I have just bought a house in Worli and I need to pay for it, so I am very happy’

Behn accused Spacey, in December 2017 of groping him under a table at a 2007 Nobel Peace Prize concert. Spacey never responded to the allegation. An unnamed massage therapist who sued the actor for allegedly sexually assaulting him during a session in 2016 died in September.

Spacey has been accused of sexual misconduct by more than a dozen men. In July, charges of sexual assault with a child under 18 were dismissed in Massachusetts. However, Spacey had denied the allegations.

Follow @htshowbiz for more