Vidya Balan keen to prove herself in art house cinema
Having cemented her place in Bollywood with a string of blockbuster films, actress Vidya Balan is now on the lookout for challenging roles in art house cinema.
Balan, who made her Bollywood debut with Parineeta in 2005, won praise for her roles as a radio jockey in Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006) and as a patient of multiple sclerosis in Guru (2007).
But the actress is now keen to try her hand at art house cinema.
"They have very challenging roles and the depiction of emotions is very intricate, personal," Balan told reporters on the sidelines of the Mumbai International Film Festival on Sunday.
"You get to show your talent much more and moreover art house films are very realistic."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The launch took place from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Transport commissioner Sanjeeb Panda and his IPS officer wife Santosh Bala (Home department special secretary), were in one of the three tents that caught fire.
- The petitioner had moved the high court in January this year after she was declared ineligible for admission to an undergraduate medical course as her left hand was amputated.
- Police said the killer slit the elderly woman's throat with a sharp weapon.
- "I did not learn Tamil. It is such a beautiful language, which is popular all over the world," the prime minister said.
- The rising demand for the ‘war room’ also coincides with the shrinking real estate space for the Congress in the national capital.
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.